The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Quite fortunate from the disallowed Morata goal, however Lukaku was brilliant today. He really showed Chelsea what you can do with a competent forward leading the line.

Decent result for Liverpool anyway - strengthens our chances for top 4 since Chelsea are falling back with City up next weekend too.
Original post by trapking
Lukaku will score.

He's already better than Morata so I think we cleared that debate :biggrin:

Original post by S.G.
I’m suffering from a serious case of de ja vu

I never doubted my boi.
First time in a while I thought we were the best team, makes a nice change I suppose.
#MourinhoMasterclass

My boy Lingard always delivers in the big games.

Man like BJ can sit down.

Imagine your Belgian superstar getting subbed off because he was getting bossed by Scott McTominay.

#NotMyBelgian
Reply 364
Original post by trapking
I never doubted my boi.

We won on away goals. Take the L.

This is my last post on this thread until Chelsea beat United again. Banished by zKlown.
@Rk2k14 what you sayin now?

I wish Lukaku scored that bicycle kick as well easily today's MOTM.

That pace and power at the end as well. He's only gonna get better >>>>>>

Also Morata dives more than Neymar ffs :rofl:
I'm now an arsenal fan for the next 3-4 hours.
Original post by zKlown
#MourinhoMasterclass

My boy Lingard always delivers in the big games.

Man like BJ can sit down.

Imagine your Belgian superstar getting subbed off because he was getting bossed by Scott McTominay.

#NotMyBelgian

Unbelievable post.
Matic and Pogba played really well.
Lukaku only scores against small teams :wink:

I thought Sanchez should have been subbed off not Martial but the sub worked well anyways.

Lingard>Messi confirmed.
Imagine not winning against a defence with 2 failed wingers and Chris Smalling in it. It’s not like De Gea was even MOTM, he was even trying to give you guys a chance. 😂😂😂

Embarrassing really
Morata still hasn't proved anything against a top 4 side.

IMG_20180225_161613.jpg

Refs are **** for a league that invests so much money in everything else. You lot were better in the second half but that helps when the ref doesn't book your enforcer until the 84th minute despite the 5/6 fouls he made in the first half.
Original post by Jimmy Seville

IMG_20180225_161613.jpg

Refs are **** for a league that invests so much money in everything else. You lot were better in the second half but that helps when the ref doesn't book your enforcer until the 84th minute despite the 5/6 fouls he made in the first half.

Mata was given offside for his knee cap being off so stop moaning it was the correct decision.

Mourinho is better than your italian fraud of a manager. Bye bye.
Original post by Jimmy Seville

IMG_20180225_161613.jpg

His shoulder's offside pal.

And the whistle meant our guys stopped playing anyway.

AND moaning about yellow cards is when you know you're clutching.
So since his shoulder was offside doesn't that mean it was the correct decision? :laugh:
Original post by Louis.
His shoulder's offside pal.

And the whistle meant our guys stopped playing anyway.

AND moaning about yellow cards is when you know you're clutching.

Technically the arm doesn't count as you can't legally score a goal from it.
Original post by Hazard28
Technically the arm doesn't count as you can't legally score a goal from it.

Oh I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the 'shoulderball' rule, please explain it to me
Missed the second half but sounds great. One of the few times we've come from behind, improved our record against the big 5 and Lukaku ends his big game drought. Sounds like he was MOTM. From what I saw Lindelof did well and Matic/Pogba/McTominay were solid.
Original post by Louis.
Oh I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the 'shoulderball' rule, please explain it to me

What? No idea what you mean.

The shoulder is part of the upper arm. FA rules on offside:

Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
second-last opponent or
last two opponents
Original post by That Bearded Man
Missed the second half but sounds great. One of the few times we've come from behind, improved our record against the big 5 and Lukaku ends his big game drought. Sounds like he was MOTM. From what I saw Lindelof did well and Matic/Pogba/McTominay were solid.

McTominay messed up for the first goal though.
Original post by Hazard28
What? No idea what you mean.

The shoulder is part of the upper arm. FA rules on offside:

Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
second-last opponent or
last two opponents

You can control the ball with your shoulder, it doesn’t count as handball.

Just saying.

Latest