The Student Room Group

Midwifery Scotland 2018

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd start this as I'm hunting all the time for a specific thread for Midwifery applicants in Scotland to start Sept 2018.

I'm sooo anxious to hear back, I applied to UWS, RGU and Napier. I sent my UCAS off on the 14th Jan and still haven't heard a peep - apart from acknowledgements from each Uni that they received my application.

I'm desperate to know my fate, I have BBCC in English, History, Mods and Geography and B in Int2 Maths. I'm currently studying Higher Human Biology at night classes so aiming for a B there.

I'm 23 and have been Cabin Crew for 2 years and now work in an office. I just can't gauge how my application will come across as?? Good? Bad?!

Has anyone been offered anything? I'd appreciate any feedback x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amylouiseoliver
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd start this as I'm hunting all the time for a specific thread for Midwifery applicants in Scotland to start Sept 2018.

I'm sooo anxious to hear back, I applied to UWS, RGU and Napier. I sent my UCAS off on the 14th Jan and still haven't heard a peep - apart from acknowledgements from each Uni that they received my application.

I'm desperate to know my fate, I have BBCC in English, History, Mods and Geography and B in Int2 Maths. I'm currently studying Higher Human Biology at night classes so aiming for a B there.

I'm 23 and have been Cabin Crew for 2 years and now work in an office. I just can't gauge how my application will come across as?? Good? Bad?!

No one can tell you how you will come across as an applicant without reading your full application and the 14th of Jan was not that long ago. They probably receive hundreds of applications. You just have to wait like everyone else. I see you've found the midwifery forum and thread.
it was more a rhetorical question....
I know I have to wait I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way.
Hi everyone!

Hi, I applied to the Scottish unis for midwifery on December 30th. I got an unsuccessful from UWS on the 24th of Jan but am still waiting for the rest! (I also got an interview for Northumbria which I applied to because it's closest to Scotland!)
Original post by hmzadams123
Hi, I applied to the Scottish unis for midwifery on December 30th. I got an unsuccessful from UWS on the 24th of Jan but am still waiting for the rest! (I also got an interview for Northumbria which I applied to because it's closest to Scotland!)

Hi, sorry to hear about the unsuccessful :frown: did they mention why at all? Exciting about your interview with Northumbria though!! when is that ? :smile: I never thought about applying there...
Good luck!!!!
Hi, sorry to hear about the unsuccessful :frown: did they mention why at all? Exciting about your interview with Northumbria though!! when is that ? :smile: I never thought about applying there...

They said my personal statement didn't score high enough against their criteria which which was obviously the reason because I have the grades but they didn't give any more information. I think they probably wanted more experience. It is on the 13th of February!
Original post by hmzadams123
They said my personal statement didn't score high enough against their criteria which which was obviously the reason because I have the grades but they didn't give any more information. I think they probably wanted more experience. It is on the 13th of February!

That's crazy, I have heard they are known for wanting a specific criteria of experience though. Well I'm sure your interview will go well and hopefully we hear back from RGU and Napier soon :smile: Let me know how your interview goes! x
Reply 8
Hi how did yous get on?
Hi Shirlsy, I have an interview for UWS tomorrow and another interview for RGU on Friday. Havent heard from Napier yet and hoping i'll be able to get to the interviews with this mad snow! what about you?x
Reply 10
Is your interview still on? Good luck!
Original post by Shirlsy
Is your interview still on? Good luck!

All UWS campuses are closed today due to the snow. Interviews are to be rescheduled. Check out their fb page. I was all set for my interview at 1pm today to find this out this morning x
Reply 12
Oh no just what u need! Hope this snow doesn't last long
Original post by Shirlsy
Oh no just what u need! Hope this snow doesn't last long

I know! Fingers crossed. Just extra time to get nervous about it ! My partner took the day off as well to look after the kids. Snowy walks instead today I think 😂 x
Reply 14
Original post by PurpleSam123
I know! Fingers crossed. Just extra time to get nervous about it ! My partner took the day off as well to look after the kids. Snowy walks instead today I think 😂 x

Sounds like a good plan 😊 have u applied anywhere else? I'm checking constantly to see if anyone's heard from Napier yet 😅
Original post by Shirlsy
Sounds like a good plan 😊 have u applied anywhere else? I'm checking constantly to see if anyone's heard from Napier yet 😅

No this is my only hope. I've got 2 children (a 2 year old and a 9 month old) so can't be moving away for uni unfortunately. It's going to be an hour's drive there and again on the way home if I get in to UWS so any further isn't really an option 😟 Where have you applied for ? X
Reply 16
I'm the same so have only applied to Napier they don't have a lot of spaces compared to the amount of people that apply tho 😓
Original post by Shirlsy
I'm the same so have only applied to Napier they don't have a lot of spaces compared to the amount of people that apply tho 😓

It's so competitive isn't it. At least we have interviews though! X
Reply 18
Original post by PurpleSam123
It's so competitive isn't it. At least we have interviews though! X

I've not heard anything yet, I'm still waiting to find out if I get an interview lol
Original post by Shirlsy
I've not heard anything yet, I'm still waiting to find out if I get an interview lol

Oh I see. Fingers crossed for you anyway x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending