The Student Room Group

Ucas extra helppppp!!!!

Hey guys!! I need some help! I applied for midwifery and haven’t got any offers in the bag as of yet! So one of my teachers told me about ucas extra and I stupidly applied for a midwifery course at another university! And I really badly made that mistake and now I don’t know what to do! Can I change my ucas extra choice but I made that choice on 25th of February!

I would like to do accounting and finance with a year abroad so that’s a complete change!
Any help would be great!!
Original post by A20065
Hey guys!! I need some help! I applied for midwifery and haven’t got any offers in the bag as of yet! So one of my teachers told me about ucas extra and I stupidly applied for a midwifery course at another university! And I really badly made that mistake and now I don’t know what to do! Can I change my ucas extra choice but I made that choice on 25th of February!

I would like to do accounting and finance with a year abroad so that’s a complete change!
Any help would be great!!

Contact UCAS ASAP (NOW) and see if its possible to withdraw your application. If so then also contact the uni concerned and notify admissions what is happening.

If it is not possible to revive your Extra, then you may have to wait till clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Contact UCAS ASAP (NOW) and see if its possible to withdraw your application. If so then also contact the uni concerned and notify admissions what is happening.

If it is not possible to revive your Extra, then you may have to wait till clearing.

withdraw the application from UCAS? I was wondering if I could just cancel my extra choice for another extra course? is it worth waiting for 21 days for a reply then choice again??

thank you x
Original post by A20065
withdraw the application from UCAS? I was wondering if I could just cancel my extra choice for another extra course? is it worth waiting for 21 days for a reply then choice again??

thank you x

Sorry scrap the previous. Contact the uni and ask them to eject you as you no longer wish to be considered. Once rejected you can then start again.

eztra.PNG
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Sorry scrap the previous. Contact the uni and ask them to eject you as you no longer wish to be considered. Once rejected you can then start again.

eztra.PNG

Okay great! Do you think its wise for me to contact UCAS as well or just the university itself?
Thanks you for your helps
Original post by A20065
Okay great! Do you think its wise for me to contact UCAS as well or just the university itself?
Thanks you for your helps

Both and keep a record, just to make sure. better safe than sorry imo. Keep any e-mails.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending