The Student Room Group

A levels for medicine

Hello, I'm an international student and where I live students have the option of starting their A levels in November (year 10) So I'm considering taking As Math in November (2018)A2 Math, As Chem, As Biology in May/June (2019)A2 Biology in November (2019) A2 chemistry JUNE (2020) However, they are spread over 3 years and some unis require "no more than 2 years of study" What do they really mean? does this apply to all of them or each Al ? help, please ? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
In the uk, in year 12 you study AS levels which is half of the A level content. In year 13 you study A level class content. You need to to the AS to to do A2. You would need to do A2 chemistry as most if not all require chemistry and some require biology.
We study our A levels over two years (AS the first year and A2 the second).
What is your A level equivalent in your country?
Reply 2
They are actually a levels lol. CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Fad812
some unis require "no more than 2 years of study" What do they really mean? does this apply to all of them or each Al ? help, please ? :smile:

That means all your A-levels should be completed within the standard 2 years. Spreading 3 A-levels across 3 years reduces your overall workload and makes it easier, so universities may be concerned that you wouldn't manage their course workload.

Not all will have that requirement, so check each university you are considering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Alright. May I ask another question please? Are Jan sessions (edexcel) & Nov sessions(CIE) accepted in the U.K.? If I spread them over different examination times but still in the standard 2 years, would this be okay?
Reply 5
Original post by Doonesbury
That means all your A-levels should be completed within the standard 2 years. Spreading 3 A-levels across 3 years reduces your overall workload and makes it easier, so universities may be concerned that you wouldn't manage their course workload.

Not all will have that requirement, so check each university you are considering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright. May I ask another question please? Are Jan sessions (edexcel) & Nov sessions(CIE) accepted in the U.K.? If I spread them over different examination times but still in the standard 2 years, would this be okay?
Reply 6
Original post by Fad812

Yes that's fine.
Reply 7
Yes that's fine.

Thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by Fad812
Thank you!

Just to be clear, they would have to be in different subjects. There have been instances of people sitting Maths in 2 different boards and thinking they are 2 A-levels.... they aren't.
Reply 9
Just to be clear, they would have to be in different subjects. There have been instances of people sitting Maths in 2 different boards and thinking they are 2 A-levels.... they aren't.

Nah.. I’m actually going to take math edexcel next jan. I know that they aren’t. Thanks ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending