The Student Room Group

What is a 7:43 AM driving test like?

I have booked my driving test for 7:43 on a Tuesday.

Wanted to know whether it would be very busy on the roads or quiet. I would expect to see a lot of school kids going to school at that time. I haven't yet had a lesson at 7:43 only because of the current weather conditions.

I'm just a little nervous so I wanted to know if anyone has had a 7:43 test and what was your experience like?

The test centre is in London.
Original post by 1996girl

Wanted to know whether it would be very busy on the roads or quiet. I would expect to see a lot of school kids going to school at that time. I haven't yet had a lesson at 7:43 only because of the current weather conditions.

I'm just a little nervous so I wanted to know if anyone has had a 7:43 test and what was your experience like?

It really depends exactly where, which I'm not going to ask. Consider how the traffic usually is at that time and if there are any events on in the area on that day. I ended up doing mine at rush hour on market day so I spend about half of my test in a traffic jam lol
Reply 2

Usually around 8:00 to 8:15 is when it gets busy in my town, so you might be alright, you might not.
That's such a precise time 😅 It honestly depends on the area. Where I live that'll be during rush hour so you'll be in a traffic jam for a while
That's going to be rough as hell lol. Good luck. My immediate area gets so busy at that time it isn't even on any test route.
Reply 5
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It really depends exactly where, which I'm not going to ask. Consider how the traffic usually is at that time and if there are any events on in the area on that day. I ended up doing mine at rush hour on market day so I spend about half of my test in a traffic jam lol

It's a test centre near Barking. I'd be happy to spend my time in traffic. I've had mock tests with my instructor... she said that I make more mistakes in the town centre and around roundabouts at 11:21 AM than I do at 8:15 AM during rush hour within residential areas.
Reply 6
Original post by Xopher_
Usually around 8:00 to 8:15 is when it gets busy in my town, so you might be alright, you might not.

This response doesn't help calm my nerves haha... personally I'd prefer not to go into the town centre and instead stay closer to the test centre.
Reply 7
Original post by Pink fizz
That's such a precise time 😅 It honestly depends on the area. Where I live that'll be during rush hour so you'll be in a traffic jam for a while

Lol yes it is, they tend to have weirdly precise times! Let's see how it goes on my first 7:43 driving lesson, it shouldn't be much different to the 8:15 tests.
Reply 8
Forget the traffic and all, how tf are u gonna wake up?
Reply 9
Original post by nevershear
That's going to be rough as hell lol. Good luck. My immediate area gets so busy at that time it isn't even on any test route.

:argh::ashamed2::closedeyes::coma::colonhash::colondollar: Thanks!
Reply 10
Original post by Fk90709
Forget the traffic and all, how tf are u gonna wake up?

Haha waking up wouldn't be an issue for me since I usually don't sleep much anyways. Let's just hope my instructor wakes up :colonhash:
Is it Tuesday as in tomorrow?

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Since it's going to be rush hour, make sure you're good with your start and stop routine, following distance and mirror checking.
Reply 13
Original post by accountant-future
Is it Tuesday as in tomorrow?

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

It's not tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes though :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by JordanDaniel
Since it's going to be rush hour, make sure you're good with your start and stop routine, following distance and mirror checking.

Thanks for the tip, will make sure! :smile:
Reply 15
Just to let everyone know, I passed with 1 minor on the 26th of April! Haven't got my first car yet since I haven't decided whether I'll be doing my masters this September or if I'll go straight to work! If I do head to work after graduation then I'll decide on a car :smile:
Just to let everyone know, I passed with 1 minor on the 26th of April! Haven't got my first car yet since I haven't decided whether I'll be doing my masters this September or if I'll go straight to work! If I do head to work after graduation then I'll decide on a car :smile:

Congrats!
Reply 17
Original post by SubZero~
Congrats!

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending