The Student Room Group

How's your snow week been?

Been crap here. Gym closed. Shops closed. Road conditions undriveable. Deliveries delayed. It's starting to clear now, glad to see it **** off tbh.

Started to feel what it's like to not leave the house for a week like some of the weirdos here :rofl:
Thank god u don’t live in somewhere like Canada haha ... but then again they kinda adapt well don’t they !
To occupy my thoughts away from the cold as I walked to school, I imagined myself as a CIA agent that dropped in Siberia and I must now enter Moscow and assassinate the Russian President.

That is until I bump into my friend who wouldn't stfu about how cold the weather is, shut up Danial we have more important things to do.
Trains have been down three days and counting. Yesteday they got the gritter to my estate. The main roads to/from my town finally reopened today though.

On Thursday I walked three+ miles in deep snow for half a dozen bottles of wine (God did it kill my back carrying 5/6 of those in a rucksack) from the only local supermarket open. Worth it. We've had a fun time.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Been crap here. Gym closed. Shops closed. Road conditions undriveable. Deliveries delayed. It's starting to clear now, glad to see it **** off tbh.

Started to feel what it's like to not leave the house for a week like some of the weirdos here :rofl:

Crap. It was too cold to go outside and it was too slippery to even risk walking beyond my front garden once it had really begun to settle. The first day was just weird. One minute it would be snowing and then the next minute it would be completely clear and sunny and then back to snowing again.
Original post by Supernova36
Thank god u don’t live in somewhere like Canada haha ... but then again they kinda adapt well don’t they !

Yeah, that's the thing, we're just so ill-prepared for it in this country where it's such a rare occurrence to have heavy snowfall that everything just gets put on standstill until it's gone. In places like Canada, Russia and so on, they get heavy snow every winter, so when the winter comes they all put on their snow tyres and stuff and everyone can get around as normal. Most vehicles in the UK just aren't ready for it, people can't get to work so nothing's open.
Got 5 days off school here! Excellent seeing as I've been able to do lots of uninterrupted revision (and sledging, of course.)
Original post by Indiasophie98
Crap. It was too cold to go outside and it was too slippery to even risk walking beyond my front garden once it had really begun to settle. The first day was just weird. One minute it would be snowing and then the next minute it would be completely clear and sunny and then back to snowing again.

Yeah, that's what it's been like all week here. Sun comes out, just looks like it's gonna stop snowing and the snow is gonna start to melt, then before you know it it's overcast and chucking it down with snow again :colonhash: It's definitely backing off now, though, a lot warmer outside now, too warm to keep snowing.
Original post by Effy299792
Got 5 days off school here! Excellent seeing as I've been able to do lots of uninterrupted revision (and sledging, of course.)

My nephew's been off school all week, met him and my brother at a field and went sledding down a massive hill, great fun even though I'm well into my 20s :biggrin:
Slightly annoying. Another reason besides the strike for lecturers to skip uni.

But I only live a 25 minute walk away from uni. Some ppl take an hr or more away on public transport.
Mine's been fairly standard, there were no days where it was impossible to go out, school closed once but fairly unnecessarily and the snow has all completely gone now.
I've been waiting years for a proper snow day - I missed making snowmen, snowball fights and how pretty it was.

And when it finally came I just ****ing hated it. :lol: I guess time really does change a person.
let it snow let it snow let it snow
Reply 13
I love snowand I wait for a good load every year, this was the first proper one that you coulda actually have fun in Forbes about 5 years. The school was closed Thursday and Friday and I don’t think it will be open tomorrow (hope not 😂). Went out for the first time in it Friday after noon and ****ed my knee up so I was in be not being about to move from then until yesterday evening when I Got some crutches and I went out for a bit of fun. Apart from falling about a metre from my gate it was good to get out in it 😂 the local shop is open but they don’t have any bread, milk or any sort of fizzy drink like Pepsi. Most roads are clear now though.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest