The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tolulah
Hey did you get accepted onto Target Oxbridge this year?? I got a place a few days ago :smile:

I got accepted onto Target Oxbridge as well x
Original post by time4twice
Yes :biggrin: PM me

ahhh well done so did i! x
Original post by aaliyahrenee
I got accepted onto Target Oxbridge as well x

Cool, i’m so excited! I might make a thread to see if anyone else got in too!
no, I live in London so it's a reasonable commute and I didn't request. They gave me money to pay for my train ticket though so it's sound x

Hey, do you know if uniq will pay for our travel to the residential and back ?? If so, how do we confirm this x
Original post by younggallicooper
Hey, do you know if uniq will pay for our travel to the residential and back ?? If so, how do we confirm this x

I checked the website and it says that they pay for travel, and then it says that if students fail to meet the deadlines they set for travel then we have to pay for ourselves. Im assuming this means they'll buy us specific train tickets, or organise a coach or something?
I checked the website and it says that they pay for travel, and then it says that if students fail to meet the deadlines they set for travel then we have to pay for ourselves. Im assuming this means they'll buy us specific train tickets, or organise a coach or something?

Ooooh yh that makes sense. Is it on the uniq website?? Thanks gurl, I would've been oblivious if you hadn't told me 😩😩
Anyone going from 8th july to 13th?
Has anyone got an offer for the English summer school?
Reply 188
Original post by Uranium Potato
Rejected for medicine but got into Oncology - still ecstatic though! Anyone doing Oncology this summer?

I'm doing Oncology and got rejected for medicine too! Im actually quite relieved though bc I've done that much medicine stuff already but Oncology will be so so interesting!
Original post by Darkesio
Congrats! What did you get in your GCSEs if you don't mind me asking?

12A*s 1A 1B
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by urgurlbecca

yeh, I am! what subject are you doing?

Yes, for economics

Yeah I am for economics and management :smile:
I got accepted for French! I know it doesn’t seem as hard as your other courses but please don’t put me down for it. I was quite happy and surprised to see I had gotten in, my whole personal statement part had deleted and I had to do it again on the night of the deadline literally at like 9:30 🤦🏾*♀️. Im going for the summer course and I’m so excited. My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them and they were still really proud of me despite me kind of applying for it (instead of medicine/biochem) begins their backs 😅
Original post by Miraldn
I got accepted for French! I know it doesn’t seem as hard as your other courses but please don’t put me down for it. I was quite happy and surprised to see I had gotten in, my whole personal statement part had deleted and I had to do it again on the night of the deadline literally at like 9:30 🤦🏾*♀️. Im going for the summer course and I’m so excited. My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them and they were still really proud of me despite me kind of applying for it (instead of medicine/biochem) begins their backs 😅

Omds don't think that, French is a competitive subject to get in to as well! You should be absolutely proud of yourself. Congratssss
Original post by Miraldn
My parents and I have had an ongoing (about 5 months) argument as they think languages are useless but this was a bit of a like middle finger to them

Off the top of my head I think languages graduates at Oxford have amongst the best rates of professional employment so I don't think you need to worry about that!
Has anyone got their confirmation emails yet because after you accept your place they said they'll send an email in 48 hours ? I'm so confused
Original post by Bluesky90
Has anyone got their confirmation emails yet because after you accept your place they said they'll send an email in 48 hours ? I'm so confused

I have mine but I’m doing the spring course, the summer course should get their’s after the 8th
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok, that's good 😅 I was getting worried
Reply 199
Original post by Bluesky90

the email that I got said it could take up to 15 days for the further information email (I’m on the summer course)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending