The Student Room Group

Universities' "Blacklist" for those who turn down an offer?

I was wondering if Universities (specifically, the London schools) will blacklist applicants who turn down an offer from them. For example, if I receive an offer from a university but turn it down to reapply in the following year, will the university that offered me a place not offer me a place again?

Thanks for any insights!
Original post by bearsalive99
I was wondering if Universities (specifically, the London schools) will blacklist applicants who turn down an offer from them. For example, if I receive an offer from a university but turn it down to reapply in the following year, will the university that offered me a place not offer me a place again?

Thanks for any insights!

Universities don’t do this. They don’t hold grudges.
Reply 2
They might turn you down the next year if their requirements change but I don't think they can be bothered to reject people if they did not accept an earlier offer.
I applied at the same uni twice and they declined me because I had previously applied. Two universities did this.
Original post by FayeFuzz
I applied at the same uni twice and they declined me because I had previously applied. Two universities did this.

Which universities/courses was this? Did they explicitly state that as the reason for rejection?
Original post by PQ
Which universities/courses was this? Did they explicitly state that as the reason for rejection?

Bradford and Optometry. Yes, I have an email stating that that was the reason. I can't remember the 2nd university.
Original post by FayeFuzz
Bradford and Optometry. Yes, I have an email stating that that was the reason. I can't remember the 2nd university.

Your other posts say you were rejected for not meeting the entry requirements on first attempt - that’s very different to being “blacklisted” for applying before and declining the offer.

Thanks for any insights!

Taht shouldn't happen I turned down a course went to uni (for a term) left and started the course I turned down the following year after doing another UCAS form.
Original post by PQ
Your other posts say you were rejected for not meeting the entry requirements on first attempt - that’s very different to being “blacklisted” for applying before and declining the offer.

I didn't say I was "blacklisted" because I don't know the correct answer to that question. I don't know if the universities have a "blacklist". I wouldn't deem that fair. I didn't meet the entry requirements the previous year but I emailed the year after when I did meet the entry requirements and they said they could not consider my application because I had applied the year before and not met the requirements then.

I wasn't complaining. It was the best decision for me. Just saying my personal experience.
Thanks everyone for the replies! I appreciate them :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks everyone for the replies! I appreciate them :smile:

Which course / university is your offer with?
Original post by Doonesbury
Which course / university is your offer with?

I haven't received an offer yet since I will be applying later this year!
they are a business, they want your money at the end of the day
Reply 13
I haven't received an offer yet since I will be applying later this year!

No, the one you turned down.
Were you able to use the same personal statement and UCAS reference in your new application? I heard the reference can be transferred over to a new application.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending