The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluesky90
That's good, thank you

And i noticed that it does contradict itself, hopefully they'll get it sorted

Hiya. They've emailed me back and have said that they're a little behind with replies because of the bad weather last week, but we'll hear from them ASAP.

Hope this can put people's mind at ease
Original post by HT2412
Hiya. They've emailed me back and have said that they're a little behind with replies because of the bad weather last week, but we'll hear from them ASAP.

Hope this can put people's mind at ease

Literally got the same email
I just got an email basically confirming my acceptance and linked to a form about diet/ travel. One of the questions asked about my preferred admissions test, and then listed BMAT, Thinking test etc, kind of confused as to how that is relevant??
Reply 223
Original post by Nxncydooley
I just got an email basically confirming my acceptance and linked to a form about diet/ travel. One of the questions asked about my preferred admissions test, and then listed BMAT, Thinking test etc, kind of confused as to how that is relevant??

Same here, came onto this thread in the hope that someone knew what that meant :frown:(
I sent an email today and had one back a few minutres later telling me to check junk mail as they’d sent me one, but I haven’t had one at all and have yet to have another email back explaining why or having another original email. I did include my reference number so I’m confused as to what happened - but I supposed at least my place is confirmed? I’ll assume the weather issue too...

Update: received another email with that he sent secondary form to fill out 😊 i’ve secured my place now!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nxncydooley

I think they’re going to offer us guidance on the admissions test while we’re there. Some people might have got their second choice so their course might not line up with their desired admissions test, I’m guessing that’s why they’re asking.
Reply 226
Original post by physconomics
I think they’re going to offer us guidance on the admissions test while we’re there. Some people might have got their second choice so their course might not line up with their desired admissions test, I’m guessing that’s why they’re asking.

I'd guessed as much, but the course I'm taking (biology) doesn't require an admissions test or submitted written work? I think I'll just put down biomedical or ring them.
I just checked and I got the email, it has a link to a form you have to fill in by the 20th
I've still got no email apart from the email saying I got a place, do you only get it when the teacher fills in the reference?
I've just received my confirmation email (Computer science over the summer) and was confused about the admissions test question too.
Original post by RedGiant
I've still got no email apart from the email saying I got a place, do you only get it when the teacher fills in the reference?

No, my teacher hasn't filled out her reference yet. Email them tomorrow I'd say if you haven't had anything by about 10 AM just to be safe. I asked them to resend me the email, but I think they just forwarded it.
Hi! I'm attending the summer mathematics course from the 29th July until the 3rd August :smile:
I can't seem to find anyone who's doing my week, I'm going from the 22-27 of July
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, I’ve got a place on the Egyptology course from 15th-20th July
Original post by Chloelb14
I got in for medicine for the 1st-6th July🙂 Anyone else accepted for the same dates?

me!! medicine too 😊
Original post by hebahp
I haven't received mine yet, and it looks like lots of people on this thread haven't either!

I haven’t had mine yet either and I’m getting worried, but I kind of think that it may be because I confirmed my place several times to make sure I’d accepted it. I last accepted it just the other day, so maybe the email time resets every time you confirm? Just a theory (hoping for the best)
Original post by aelamran1
Anybody who got accepted for biochemistry feel free to message me and we can start making a group chat :smile:

Omg I've been looking for someone who got in biochem!!! I've gotten in too!!!
Original post by aelamran1
Anybody who got accepted for biochemistry feel free to message me and we can start making a group chat :smile:

How are you traveling? I got a form to fill out about that but I'm not really sure about which one to pick... probs train but tbh I have no idea how to get to Oxford. Btw feel free to make the gc but I'll leave that up to you as I'm a bit fingers and thumbs rn 😂😂
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm really happy I got in to the biochem course for UNIQ from 29 July - 3 August!!! But I hate travelling (I get anxiety ugh) so.... therein lies the problem. I contacted admin and they said I should find someone who is going on the same days to go with me.
O.o Traveling with a total stranger? Why not lol? Does anyone have similar concerns about traveling or am I the only lonely potato with travel anxiety issues? :biggrin:
Reply 239
Is anyone thinking of getting the train to oxford on 01-06 july??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending