The Student Room Group

Is she interested?

So there's this girl I've been known through a friend. Our friend a couple of weeks ago, said she found me attractive and we ended up getting off last weekend. However since then she seems to be acting weird, like being really blunt with my messages or ignoring them, yet the other day her friend told me she really liked me.

Is she interested then?

Scroll to see replies

Ask her, maybe?

She doesn’t seem interested tbh, maybe she just wants to leave you hanging in case she’s wants something in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by Imanidiotpleaseh
Ask her, maybe?

She doesn’t seem interested tbh, maybe she just wants to leave you hanging in case she’s wants something in the future.

yeah maybe, I'll wait and see
Reply 3
any other opinions?
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this girl I've been known through a friend. Our friend a couple of weeks ago, said she found me attractive and we ended up getting off last weekend. However since then she seems to be acting weird, like being really blunt with my messages or ignoring them, yet the other day her friend told me she really liked me.

Is she interested then?

She might be a bit nervous or doesn't really know how to approach things now in case things get awkward. If she told her friend then I'd say that's a good sign and you shouldn't lose hope just yet. Maybe message less though and try and arrange a social outing where you're both out together again
She is probably playing hard to get, girls like playing that game and like having the guys chasing them round. When you text her say something funny or ask her a question and get to know her better as a person. Get the convo flowing. Or you could ask to meet up and go for a coffee, go for a casual meet up just now and see where things lead you. While you are there face to face bring up what she said to a friend and talk about the situation. Be honest.
Reply 6
She might be a bit nervous or doesn't really know how to approach things now in case things get awkward. If she told her friend then I'd say that's a good sign and you shouldn't lose hope just yet. Maybe message less though and try and arrange a social outing where you're both out together again

Our mutual friends did say she gets nervous, and we were supposed to go to eat but her whole house got tonsillitis
Reply 7
Original post by Brodiemcm2003
She is probably playing hard to get, girls like playing that game and like having the guys chasing them round. When you text her say something funny or ask her a question and get to know her better as a person. Get the convo flowing. Or you could ask to meet up and go for a coffee, go for a casual meet up just now and see where things lead you. While you are there face to face bring up what she said to a friend and talk about the situation. Be honest.

How do I win at playing hard to get? 😂

You gotta be flirty and show her you are interested dont just be friendly, but dont be overly cocky. If that makes sense :h:
Reply 9

Let her do the chasing.

Though playing games like this is rather petty. She probably didn't feel a romantic spark after you made out.
It could be that she might like you, though her being blunt with messages and kind of ignoring you could mean
1. She is playing hard to get (which has already been mentioned here)
2. She is not as interested anymore for whatever reason that may be.
3. She is very shy and doesn't what the next step is
4. This goes hand in hand with #3, she is probably not ready for a relationship or thinks things might be going too fast for her.

Since you mentioned she is shy, that could be a big sign that she is very nervous about the next steps of talking with you, or having a potential relationship
The hard to get game, you know that depends, if she is young like 16-18 than there is a chance she is doing that. I don't know why they like doing that but I guess it makes it more interesting but honestly the only way for you to know is if you ask her straight up, you'll save yourself the time of gathering all the clues and seeing if she is or if she isn't
Is better to ask her....
Original post by alicesmiloves
It could be that she might like you, though her being blunt with messages and kind of ignoring you could mean
1. She is playing hard to get (which has already been mentioned here)
2. She is not as interested anymore for whatever reason that may be.
3. She is very shy and doesn't what the next step is
4. This goes hand in hand with #3, she is probably not ready for a relationship or thinks things might be going too fast for her.

Since you mentioned she is shy, that could be a big sign that she is very nervous about the next steps of talking with you, or having a potential relationship
The hard to get game, you know that depends, if she is young like 16-18 than there is a chance she is doing that. I don't know why they like doing that but I guess it makes it more interesting but honestly the only way for you to know is if you ask her straight up, you'll save yourself the time of gathering all the clues and seeing if she is or if she isn't

Don't message her then till we next see each other in person?
Don't message her then till we next see each other in person?

Well it's up to you, if you want to ask her in a message go for that or if you want to ask her in person than don't message her and ask her in person.
Maybe or maybe not, you have to ask these things.
Original post by alicesmiloves
Well it's up to you, if you want to ask her in a message go for that or if you want to ask her in person than don't message her and ask her in person.

Yeah we'll bump into each other around campus I'm sure
Update there's her ex back on the scene, what should I do?
Update there's her ex back on the scene, what should I do?

That'll probably explain why she's been distant. Even if she got over him before, if he's back on the scene then she's bound to get feelings again and be a bit confused. I'd back off for now, let her figure out what she wants. Don't put your life on hold for her though, keep doing your thing and if it's meant to be then it'll work out.

Is she interested then?

She might fear rejection. Or she doesn't like you. We can't read minds mate, you have to tell her how you want to proceed if she's being cagey. Don't be blunt about it though.
Reply 19
JUST PLEASE FIND YOUR BALLS AND ASK HER!!!
Literally she would love nothing more than for you to just say how you feel face to face and then ask her what was going on in her head. Like for a guy to just be up straight with you is the most impressive thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending