The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2018 (Discussion Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jessicaFL
how do you know? will the scores still matter even though we've already received the initial email?

I mean I can't guarantee but this was from information gathered from friends last year/another friend who got the email this year! There's a whole thread from last year which has information on it as well!
Reply 41
Hi All,

I only filled my expression for interest yesterday(luckily just in time)
has anyone heard back after filling there interest in yet?
Reply 42
Original post by Billy9
Hi All,

I filled mine in on the day I received it (27/02), and yet to hear anything back
Reply 43
[QUOTE="loafk95;76567490"]I filled mine in on the day I received it (27/02), and yet to hear anything back[/QUOTE

Ok so I guess it is a waiting game - I am based in the midlands and not London so i am hoping there are places available near me.
Reply 44
I got my email on 8th with deadline of 12th, sent it back the day I got it, no response as of yet
Fingers crossed for everyone! :smile:
@Billy9 I am also the Midlands, though in the location I put a preference of East Midlands/South Yorkshire (but fine with anywhere) in case theres a 1% chance there is something that works

EDIT: I did the FSAC for GSS, think my score was 8.8? I must have been the final batch of emails
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by bexxii
I got my email on 8th with deadline of 12th, sent it back the day I got it, no response as of yet
Fingers crossed for everyone! :smile:
@Billy9 I am also the Midlands, though in the location I put a preference of East Midlands/South Yorkshire (but fine with anywhere) in case theres a 1% chance there is something that works

EDIT: I did the FSAC for GSS, think my score was 8.8? I must have been the final batch of emails

I really hope it wasn’t the final batch of emails. I failed the FSAC for generalist with 10.29 and I haven’t been contacted about the DAS yet :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
Does anyone have any contact details for the central civil service recruitment team? I would like to get in contact with them to ask about the DAS but I don’t know how to reach them :smile:
Original post by NickBar
I really hope it wasn’t the final batch of emails. I failed the FSAC for generalist with 10.29 and I haven’t been contacted about the DAS yet :smile:

I hope not too! I had 10.17 at FSAC for HoP. Fingers crossed they've not sent out all their emails yet!
Original post by RedandYellow
I hope not too! I had 10.17 at FSAC for HoP. Fingers crossed they've not sent out all their emails yet!

My theory is they're keeping back people with higher marks in case spaces become available.
Hi guys,

Got an email from the Direct Appointment Scheme asking me to fill in the intrest form thing, just wanted to know the average feedback time for offers that people were getting, or if not offers than how many rejections to they dish out? Had no idea this was a thing.

Original post by Billy9
Hi All,

Hey I'm in the same boat as you, heard nothing back as of yet
Reply 51
I've submitted my form but I haven't heard anything back yet. Judging by past threads and the Civil Service in general I think this is likely going to be a waiting around for weeks if not months on end type of deal :lol: but fingers crossed for us all!
Reply 52
They did say there was some immediate start positions 😊
Maybe it depends on the stream that you applied for as well, who knows!

Either way I guess now we wait, did people have different deadlines to submit for then?
Reply 53
Like many others, I received the expression of interest email on the 27th of February with a deadline for March 12th. Now that the deadline has passed I'm hoping that we'll hear something within the next two weeks. I guess patience is a virtue at this point, but I'm struggling to be virtuous!
Reply 54
Just got an email for Higher Executive Officer roles available that they're offering. Nothing on the specific roles or when they start at the moment though. Here's hoping it all works out.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by unigoer123
Just got an email for Higher Executive Officer roles available that they're offering. Here's hoping it all works out.

When did you fill out your expression of interest form?
Reply 56
Original post by Billy9
When did you fill out your expression of interest form?

I passed the FSAC so I think my email is a bit different. It's for one of the schemes I got to the FSB for. It's not a confirmed offer or anything. They say they have roles available and want to offer them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Just got an email for Higher Executive Officer roles available that they're offering. Here's hoping it all works out.

is this the initial expression of interest form for HEO or actual departments now?
Reply 58
Original post by jessicaFL
is this the initial expression of interest form for HEO or actual departments now?

EoI. Though the wording states there are a number of vacancies for the scheme I applied for and reached FSB for and they have been asked to 'offer' them. Don't know if that means it's still a maybe or a probably.
Reply 59
EoI. Though the wording states there are a number of vacancies for the scheme I applied for and reached FSB for and they have been asked to 'offer' them. Don't know if that means it's still a maybe or a probably.

So the recruitment team have now sent out Expression of Interest forms for HEO roles? I'm hoping that this implies that they've now forwarded the expressions of interest for the EO roles to the departments, and so those of us on the DAS for these roles might hear something soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending