The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
George Orwell lemented the passivity of the British working class. They were given guns and didn't do a proletarian revolution.

They just did what they were told! Suppose the flip side of that is we didn't end up with a Stalin.

Probably because they were content with their lot in life and hadn’t been ‘educated’ in ‘critical thinking’ .

Also our police didn’t muck about then! 😂
Original post by Wōden
Well why would we need to? You guys in Germany seem to have the situation perfectly under control. :mmm:

We do. Taking in, housing, supporting, and eventually integrating into society upwards of a million traumatized refugees is a fantastic achievement, and I am endlessly proud of my country to have achieved this.

That doesn't change the fact that the British shirked their responsibility to humanity and exposed their utter hypocrisy ('proud tradition of helping those in need') and moral bankruptcy.
Original post by D3LLI5
How can you say that brexit is a bad idea when you arrest and ban people who give the truth, the uncomfortable truth that would make people vote for Brexit?

I am saying that Brexit is a bad idea based on the FACTS that you see every day in the news. If you don't - read my weekly news summaries.

Original post by D3LLI5

Keep parroting what your masters tell you, you are a very useful idiot!

You mean like millions of gullible, uneducated, nationalist, xenophobic Brits voted Leave based on the LIES that Johnson, Farage, and the likes spewed in their disgustingly populist campaign?
Original post by AperfectBalance
How many Reichsma.. I mean euros is Mutti Merkel giving to you to spew lies and attack England, [...]

Lies? You mean the cold, hard FACTS that I post every week, proving how Britain is deteriorating as a direct result of Brexit, how it has become the LAUGHING STOCK of Europe?

you are the perfect little German, willing to follow a leader blindly and willing to attack England, you know how that went for you twice in a row

We're not at war, are we? We are just outperforming and dominating Britain in every economic metric possible these days. Salty much, you minnow?

and it seems Germany once again is on a path to try and ruin Europe again, good luck with that as you have failed before and once again we will not stand whilst this happens.

We must do a terrible job at ruining Europe then, given how the EU is thriving, easily outgrowing Britain!

Your union is looking shaky and we will be able to prove to all that out of the Reich is far better than being a puppet of Germany.

The union is more stable than ever - after all, Britain is serving as a great example of how one can wreck your economy and make yourself an international laughing stock by leaving the EU!
Original post by Andrew97
The rest of the EU thrives. Try telling that to the Greeks....

Even Greece's economy is now growing faster than the UK
http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/greek-economy-now-growing-faster-than-the-uk-2017-9

Battered for a decade, Greece feels an unexpected whiff of revival as Europe gains strength
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/after-a-prolonged-economic-crisis-a-greek-revival/2018/03/07/a9007ffe-1bcd-11e8-98f5-ceecfa8741b6_story.html?utm_term=.c82bf2e06ba7

Greece's economy grows for 4th straight quarter
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/greeces-economy-grows-for-4th-straight-quarter-2018-03-05

My goodness, you must feel so incredibly stupid now for having made that post. I guess these news are not covered in the Daily Mail?
Original post by Davij038
Sadly you’ve got it completely wrong. I wish the uk did have a ‘xenophobic’ and nationalist government.

Wow, an open admission of xenophobia and nationalism. I didn't think even you would stoop that low. You'll have it very, very difficult in life. Nobody will hire you. Nobody of significance will want to be your friend. You'll regularly get roughed up by gangs of immigrants, after they take your girl. I wouldn't really have to expose your disgusting world view and utter delusion about the facts, life will punish you enough, but I'll go ahead anyway.

The EU is actually ahead of us in this with Poland, Austria and now probably Italy being lead by patriotic conservatives- not to mention the Eastern European governments who agree with ‘us’.

Really, ahead of you? I must've missed any of these states leaving the EU on the back of a xenophobic, hate-filled campaign. Patriotism has nothing to do with nationalism and xenophobia. Poland IS in Eastern Europe, and apart from from them and the nutjobs in Hungary, NOBODY 'agrees' with you.

Also the current opppsition on France, Germany and Sweden make the Tories look like the Green Party. So the EU is ahead of us. Viva la Europe ❤️

Good thing they're the opposition, with not a chance in hell to ever have a say in these countries!

* not surprising when even Merkel admits that her policies have been an absoloute failure.

Source? Oh, of course, you don't have one!
Original post by Stewpid
Before criticising our nation take a look at how Merkel is destroying yours by mass importation of "refugees" making events like Cologne NYE normal

Normal? Show me where it happened again? Oh, right, you can't!

How is Germany getting destroyed? Our economy is thriving, our society is in a much better shape than yours (less inequality, fewer hate crimes, lower alcoholism and teenage pregnancies, lower divorce rate, etc.), and we can sleep at night, knowing that we took in traumatised people fleeing from war and terror (including the odd bad apple), unlike you hypocrites and cynics.
Original post by GenialGermanGent
Normal? Show me where it happened again? Oh, right, you can't!

How is Germany getting destroyed? Our economy is thriving, our society is in a much better shape than yours (less inequality, fewer hate crimes, lower alcoholism and teenage pregnancies, lower divorce rate, etc.), and we can sleep at night, knowing that we took in traumatised people fleeing from war and terror (including the odd bad apple), unlike you hypocrites and cynics.

I love this thread. How does it feel getting a taste of your own medicine?? :banana2::banana2:
Original post by shadowman10
"Look at who pulls the strings in the EU"

Regardless of whether Brexit is the right or wrong choice, this is why many people voted Brexit- because of other countries primarily dominating it, and attitudes such as yours. That statement only re-enforces that view.

So you -and millions of Brits, clearly not the sharpest knives in the drawer- thought pulling out was the best way to fix that situation? Wouldn't getting off your high horse, stopping to demand special treatment, getting really involved in Europe, and reforming the system from the inside be the thinking man's choice? Not a lot of thinking going on over there these days, it seems.
Original post by RickHendricks
I love this thread. How does it feel getting a taste of your own medicine?? :banana2::banana2:

I don't follow. You are quoting a post in which I totally destroy a Brexiteer and his obvious ignorance (just like I have done with you before). And that's pretty much how the whole thread is going. Have you even read it?

Bliss 0A74AD73-25C2-479D-9DE0-153296768EAA.jpg.jpeg
I don't follow. You are quoting a post in which I totally destroy a Brexiteer and his obvious ignorance (just like I have done with you before). And that's pretty much how the whole thread is going. Have you even read it?

i've read some of your posts. And please don't go around saying you "destroy a Brexiteer" because you're not. It just humiliates you.

All of your posts follow the same pattern: Bashing British people and if anyone has a claim against you (whilst you make many), you swiftly turn around and ask for a source.

Original post by paul514
Bliss 0A74AD73-25C2-479D-9DE0-153296768EAA.jpg.jpeg

you should see this guy's weekly posts too. It's horrendous.
you should see this guy's weekly posts too. It's horrendous.

I have that’s why I ignored him I only have two people on that list.

I just couldn’t be bothered reading his biased views and sources that he’s endlessly put out over the last year or so. There’s no point talking to him.
(edited 6 years ago)
i've read some of your posts. And please don't go around saying you "destroy a Brexiteer" because you're not. It just humiliates you.

Please show how I did not destroy (or humiliate, if you prefer the term) the Brexiteers in this thread and their flimsy, hate-filled arguments? Or are you just in denial at this point? Did I embarrass you too much?

All of your posts follow the same pattern: Bashing British people and if anyone has a claim against you (whilst you make many), you swiftly turn around and ask for a source.

The difference is: I have proof for my 'claims' - because they're facts. Bexiteers just post nationalist, xenophobic propaganda they heard from Johnson, Farage, the Daily Mail, or the mouth-breathers at the corner pub. Strangely the Brexiteers here have troubles coming up with sources...
Please show how I did not destroy (or humiliate, if you prefer the term) the Brexiteers in this thread and their flimsy, hate-filled arguments? Or are you just in denial at this point? Did I embarrass you too much?

The difference is: I have proof for my 'claims' - because they're facts. Bexiteers just post nationalist, xenophobic propaganda they heard from Johnson, Farage, the Daily Mail, or the mouth-breathers at the corner pub. Strangely the Brexiteers here have troubles coming up with sources...

again, using words like "xenophobic" and "nationalist" doesn't generally mean what you#re talking about.

You claim Brexiteers to be hate-filled and flimsy, when it was you who started the brexit argument and derailed this thread.
again, using words like "xenophobic" and "nationalist" doesn't generally mean what you#re talking about.

They're really the only things I am talking about. Xenophobia and nationalism are what got Britain into this mess, and it will cost you dearly.

You claim Brexiteers to be hate-filled and flimsy, when it was you who started the brexit argument and derailed this thread.

Using bold font doesn't make your statement any more valid or relevant. The original post was a thinly veiled attack on the Liberal forces in the UK. Other took this nonsense apart in a few posts, I needn't bother.

And how is me shifting the debate to Brexit hate-filled or flimsy? I have proof that Brexit has catastrophic effects on the UK, and I post them every week. Your logic makes absolutely no sense. Using bold font just adds to your embarrassment.
Even Greece's economy is now growing faster than the UK
http://www.businessinsider.fr/uk/greek-economy-now-growing-faster-than-the-uk-2017-9

Battered for a decade, Greece feels an unexpected whiff of revival as Europe gains strength
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/after-a-prolonged-economic-crisis-a-greek-revival/2018/03/07/a9007ffe-1bcd-11e8-98f5-ceecfa8741b6_story.html?utm_term=.c82bf2e06ba7

Greece's economy grows for 4th straight quarter
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/greeces-economy-grows-for-4th-straight-quarter-2018-03-05

My goodness, you must feel so incredibly stupid now for having made that post. I guess these news are not covered in the Daily Mail?

The first article states Britain and Greece’s growth is not comapiable.
Greece might be starting to improve now, but it’s in a dire position. Since when was youth unemployment of 43.7% thriving?
https://tradingeconomics.com/greece/youth-unemployment-rate
You have no right to tell me what newspapers I may or may not read.
(edited 6 years ago)
They're really the only things I am talking about. Xenophobia and nationalism are what got Britain into this mess, and it will cost you dearly.

Using bold font doesn't make your statement any more valid or relevant. The original post was a thinly veiled attack on the Liberal forces in the UK. Other took this nonsense apart in a few posts, I needn't bother.

And how is me shifting the debate to Brexit hate-filled or flimsy? I have proof that Brexit has catastrophic effects on the UK, and I post them every week. Your logic makes absolutely no sense. Using bold font just adds to your embarrassment.

i love how you totally avoided my statement.

You derailed this thread. Dont say otherwise because you were the first one to start callinsg brexiteers idiots on this post.
The first article states Britain and Greece’s growth is not comapiable.

Comapiable, eh? Making up words now to confuse when you can't convince?

Greece might be starting to improve now, but it’s in a dire position. Since when was youth unemployment of 43.7% thriving?
https://tradingeconomics.com/greece/youth-unemployment-rate

I said the rest of the EU was thriving - as a bloc. Greece is growing again, and doing so faster than the UK, heading for Brexit-triggered recession. Greece is on a good way, with solid growth. This disproves your original comment comprehensively.

You have no right to tell me what newspapers I may or may not read.

That is very true. And I don't. But I do have the right to judge you on your ignorance, which is closely linked to which media outlets you consume.
Comapiable, eh? Making up words now to confuse when you can't convince?

I said the rest of the EU was thriving - as a bloc. Greece is growing again, and doing so faster than the UK, heading for Brexit-triggered recession. Greece is on a good way, with solid growth. This disproves your original comment comprehensively.

That is very true. And I don't. But I do have the right to judge you on your ignorance, which is closely linked to which media outlets you consume.

On your first point I meant to write compariable. Just a typo ,calm down. You didn’t say as a bloc originally, hence the confusion. 43.7% youth unemployment still shows however Greece isn’t rosy as you make out.

I can’t really be bothered to argue with you to be honest, as you views on the British have been made very clear in this thread. Have a nice day nonetheless

Latest

Trending

Trending