The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you want to impress with your script, avoid cliches.
Reply 2
ghosts and **** with scar y music man.

you're welcome for the idea
Reply 3
Original post by smd4std
ghosts and **** with scar y music man.

you're welcome for the idea

Haha thanks
Reply 4
Horror movie idea

Old lady with a secret and a mysterious house type film.

Plot: An old lady (Insert creepy name) has been living in a creepy old house for several years. She is what people call demonkeepers or people who keep and nurture demons and spirits that are just entering our dimension or in recovery from previous occurrences. Pretty much she is helping evil get on their feet so they can destroy many lives. And a few young curious teenagers go to investigate and this lady is warning them left and right about the whole don’t go in there and turn back thing. Now if you have ever seen The conjuring or Amityville horror you will know that that is one powerful demon inside a house. Imagine a house with a bout 400 plus demons all dangerous in their own way. All of them have taken refuge into this scary old house to recover to full strength. And imagine what havoc will be set off if a few curious teens sneak into investigate in the dark hours of the night..
(edited 10 years ago)
Here's one- I really hate the over-use of creepy children in all horror mediums, so you could subvert it. The main character could be one of those grown up, their parents disappeared and they grew up orphan or passed around the family. They either
1) Got really successful in life, and then something from their creepy childhood comes back to mess it up. Or
2) Turned into an alcoholic from what had happened, and then has to deal with their conscience.
In my opinion 1 would be a more interesting and less cliched film, but 2 would give more potential to investigate the 'human condition' which makes great horror.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
If a fly lands on you... you die.... just imagine how tense life would be. Dunno if it would make a good film... actually I do and it wouldn't.
My idea is real horror real life and if you could get to screen i would be surprised but would like to talk to you coz i have lots of dark idea's
tolk 2 me
A guy in prison wakes up one day and his cell is open. The prison is empty, and as he wanders back to civilisation, he realises he's all alone. Or is he? Dun Dun Dun....
Original post by jestersnow
A guy in prison wakes up one day and his cell is open. The prison is empty, and as he wanders back to civilisation, he realises he's all alone. Or is he? Dun Dun Dun....

This is literally the Walking Dead season 1 except a prison instead of a hospital
Original post by AndrewSCO
This is literally the Walking Dead season 1 except a prison instead of a hospital

I never actually watched it lol!!! I read the description of the show and it was like "TV series where a disparate group of survivors have to stay one step ahead of zombies". I literally laughed out loud and thought it sounded dafter than a third coat of paint, and thought it would be incredibly repetitious i.e. each week would be "My aren't we a rag-tag band of characters...RUN ZOMBIES!!!".

My idea also draws heavily on an episode of the Twilight Zone IIRC. It's not that original. Just very cheap to make lol!
Original post by jestersnow
I never actually watched it lol!!! I read the description of the show and it was like "TV series where a disparate group of survivors have to stay one step ahead of zombies". I literally laughed out loud and thought it sounded dafter than a third coat of paint, and thought it would be incredibly repetitious i.e. each week would be "My aren't we a rag-tag band of characters...RUN ZOMBIES!!!".

My idea also draws heavily on an episode of the Twilight Zone IIRC. It's not that original. Just very cheap to make lol!

Haha basically a cop gets shot and wakes up in an abandoned hospital alone post-zombie apocalypse. But yeah I stopped watching it because it did get really repetitive
I’ve always wanted to make a short horror film. I have an idea though. The main character could be having a nightmare about something random, this could take up most of the film I think. Idk what about though... you choose. And when they wake up:“Oh my. It was just a dream!”Haha. No. The ‘baddie’ if you like, from the dream is right behind them. Probably a cliche idea, but I hope this helped a bit
Original post by Jjj90
If a fly lands on you... you die.... just imagine how tense life would be. Dunno if it would make a good film... actually I do and it wouldn't.

Kinda reminds me of ‘Swarm’ and the killer bees
thanks, for horror film ideas
have a doll apear under your bed every night but nobody believes and your the only one that can see it
I’m 14 and I want to make scary movies etc when I’m older. The thing that always scares me is clowns and darkness. And generally being alone. Something that I came up with the other day was being alone at home. Then out of nowhere you hear something crying... just an idea 🤪
Reply 18
Practically it’s like the movie called winchester, it’s a true story about a house said to be built by ghosts
that sounds soooooo cool
Original post by Abram47
Horror movie idea

Old lady with a secret and a mysterious house type film.

Plot: An old lady (Insert creepy name) has been living in a creepy old house for several years. She is what people call demonkeepers or people who keep and nurture demons and spirits that are just entering our dimension or in recovery from previous occurrences. Pretty much she is helping evil get on their feet so they can destroy many lives. And a few young curious teenagers go to investigate and this lady is warning them left and right about the whole don’t go in there and turn back thing. Now if you have ever seen The conjuring or Amityville horror you will know that that is one powerful demon inside a house. Imagine a house with a bout 400 plus demons all dangerous in their own way. All of them have taken refuge into this scary old house to recover to full strength. And imagine what havoc will be set off if a few curious teens sneak into investigate in the dark hours of the night..

Latest

Trending

Trending