The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Haters gon hate.

Agree.

Makes good albums for the most part.

Bit of a **** but who cares.

He will bounce back with his new record I think.

Not that bothered about the one with Kid Cudi.
Reply 9841
Original post by Wilfred Little
Agree.

Makes good albums for the most part.

Bit of a **** but who cares.

He will bounce back with his new record I think.

Not that bothered about the one with Kid Cudi.

Joint one probably will be 909s and heartbreaks or something like that(808s and heartbreaks was a really good album tbh, underrated because Kanye isn't really rapping on the album, but how many people decided to autotune because of Kanye?).

The solo Kanye album is gonna be lit tbh. The good thing about Kanye is how he constantly evolves his style album to album. He's timeless. Everyone copies Kanye. Heck J Cole's entire music style is basically Kanye circa 2005. He's one of the first rappers who made it in the business big big time not talking about how he slangs birds and will shoot up people too.(obviously you had Outkast before).

Speaking of Outkast, I find it weird how they blew so late in their career? I guess they made more commercial appealing songs Stankonia onwards and the South was starting to go big in the scene at the time.
(edited 6 years ago)
Joint one probably will be 909s and heartbreaks or something like that(808s and heartbreaks was a really good album tbh, underrated because Kanye isn't really rapping on the album, but how many people decided to autotune because of Kanye?).

The solo Kanye album is gonna be lit tbh. The good thing about Kanye is how he constantly evolves his style album to album. He's timeless. Everyone copies Kanye. Heck J Cole's entire music style is basically Kanye circa 2005. He's one of the first rappers who made it in the business big big time not talking about how he slangs birds and will shoot up people too.(obviously you had Outkast before).

Speaking of Outkast, I find it weird how they blew so late in their career? I guess they made more commercial appealing songs Stankonia onwards and the South was starting to go big in the scene at the time.

That was one of the only things that me and my ex ever agreed on :lol: , I said it was my favourite at a summer barbeque a few years back and people just went quiet hehe.

It's one of my favourites of his and nowhere near as bad as people try to make out. Some really good stuff on it and I rate him for trying to do something different.

Agreed.

They were very young when they put their first album out, like 18/19 but yeah doing it with your fourth album is unusual in Hip-Hop & Stankonia is a bit of a weird album to blow up with imo it's more abrasive in sound than Aquemini which was like an RnB album I suppose it just goes to show it's about the singles really.

What's your favourite album of theirs?
Reply 9844
Original post by Wilfred Little

What's your favourite album of theirs?

Hard question. I'm a big fan of Speakerboxxx/The Love Below but I like their first album a lot too(always forget how to spell it), has that kinda grimey amateur 90s feel, Almost like a hybrid of the East Coast boom bap and West Coast funk. They're another group where they push boundaries and explore different concepts which I like.

Jay/Kanye obviously did it with their first albums but both had a pretty good team with them and obviously is way more talented/business minded than the average rapper. People usually tend to do it with their second album, unless they've got a good team and have been on features/mixtapes. Drake blew after his first album but obviously gained recognition from the mixtapes and being pretty marketable/business savvy, plus with Wayne+Birdman investing in you(instead of taking your money) you are pretty much set as long as you have decent music.

Kendrick did it with his 2nd album but was releasing mixtapes like it was nothing before hand.
(edited 6 years ago)
I think I still prefer Forest Hills Drive. That and Born Sinner are timeless for me, I've never got bored of them.

On a UFC note, a fully fit Kevin Lee beats or comes close to beating Tony Ferg imo. Think Tony is a well rounded good fighter who can withstand a beating which has aided his winstreak, but he'll come undone by the elites and I think Lee will be part of that equation soon. Kevin will need a bit more experience and his chin is still up to debate, you saw when he ate that head kick, although to his credit his reaction was more or less perfect.
Tony's BJJ provides a bit of an unknown because it comes down to whether he'll be able to tie the other person up but I think as long as any of the top wrestlers are careful they'll put a beatdown on Tony and win by decision.

@AR_95
@So Instinct I'm addicted.

Original post by trapking
@So Instinct I'm addicted.

I dig it. I haven't listened to many new people recently, just a few Tory Lanez bangers but mostly a mix of Majid Jordan and Plaza.

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
I dig it. I haven't listened to many new people recently, just a few Tory Lanez bangers but mostly a mix of Majid Jordan and Plaza.

Damn, that's got some Sostre vibes though. Legit will probably end up awake all night finding all these new tunes :lol:

This one's the best summer love song for 2018 easyyyyyy:

Reply 9849
BJ the chicago kids pretty good. Great in features.

Guilty pleasure when this comes on in the gym. Always wanna just bop along.
Original post by trapking
Damn, that's got some Sostre vibes though. Legit will probably end up awake all night finding all these new tunes :lol:

This one's the best summer love song for 2018 easyyyyyy:

BJ the chicago kids pretty good. Great in features.

This is great car music. Put some on this morning, will probs add to my regular playlist.
This is great car music. Put some on this morning, will probs add to my regular playlist.

Yes my man! Great for them late night drives (with or without bae) >>>>

I think I still prefer Forest Hills Drive. That and Born Sinner are timeless for me, I've never got bored of them.

On a UFC note, a fully fit Kevin Lee beats or comes close to beating Tony Ferg imo. Think Tony is a well rounded good fighter who can withstand a beating which has aided his winstreak, but he'll come undone by the elites and I think Lee will be part of that equation soon. Kevin will need a bit more experience and his chin is still up to debate, you saw when he ate that head kick, although to his credit his reaction was more or less perfect.
Tony's BJJ provides a bit of an unknown because it comes down to whether he'll be able to tie the other person up but I think as long as any of the top wrestlers are careful they'll put a beatdown on Tony and win by decision.

@AR_95

Ain't seen much of Kevin Lee tbh. Haven't watched last nights Fight night either. Ferguson is a good fighter but I don't think he has enough in him to beat those at the top, especially not Khabib and his ground game.
Speaking of Khabib though, what did you make out of his fight vs Iaquinta. Can't really take away too much from it because of the shambles during that week, but I think Iaquinta presented him self very well during the fight and did well to shake off Khabib's take-downs.

Forest Hills drive has bangers but I lowkey think For your eyes only is the better album.

[video="youtube;f55HngFE9YM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55HngFE9YM[/video]

Ain't half a bad tune either. Think I prefer this style of J cole over Forest Hills drive/Cole world in general.
(edited 6 years ago)
@bammy jastard 27 do you do box jumps?

If so what's your vertical?
We talking gym again?

Yes, I love it when this comes up

@Dirtybit

Do you bang gym? @qasidb
You guys have a wack musical taste. No Ariana Grande or Katy Perry anywhere.
Original post by AR_95
Ain't seen much of Kevin Lee tbh. Haven't watched last nights Fight night either. Ferguson is a good fighter but I don't think he has enough in him to beat those at the top, especially not Khabib and his ground game.
Speaking of Khabib though, what did you make out of his fight vs Iaquinta. Can't really take away too much from it because of the shambles during that week, but I think Iaquinta presented him self very well during the fight and did well to shake off Khabib's take-downs.

Forest Hills drive has bangers but I lowkey think For your eyes only is the better album.

[video="youtube;f55HngFE9YM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55HngFE9YM[/video]

Ain't half a bad tune either. Think I prefer this style of J cole over Forest Hills drive/Cole world in general.

I didn't take much from that fight, not as if anyone thought Khabib was a high level striker. The level of mismatch is always going to look bad on Khabib unless he goes at and completely flattens him. Probably smart for Khabib to have not done that, drives the debate a bit more and sells his next fights as Connor is not a guarantee. Better to be underestimated than over estimated.

He stop chaining single/double legs pretty clearly so I'm sure Khabib got a bit sloppy because he was cruising and decided to just showcase some striking and not commit to the takedowns rather than focus on the gameplan. Not the same Khabib you see against anyone in the top 5, but he does display some ego sometimes, which is probably unwise.

La looked alright, he's that typical gritty boxer who has decent striking and looks to bite down on his mouthpiece and bang. He has a decent wrestling background too so he's not a punchingbag when he's on the ground.
The amount of f***wits on Twitter with a GB flag in their Twitter handle whinging about the fact there's a Stephen Lawrence day and not a Lee Rugby one is ridiculous
Reply 9859
25CDD232-AB5D-4C6F-8E36-AA7FCC2B50FE.jpeg

:facepalm2:

Latest