The Student Room Group

aqa french writing higher 2018

i did the teacher one for my 150 but it didn’t say you had to be a teacher? said you were writing to a school, i just talked about the advantages and disadvantages if i was a teacher, and mentioned what i actually want to be in the future. don’t know why people are talking about writing in the perspective of a teacher, anyone else write like i did?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just wrote about the advantages and disadvantages of my teacher. And my future. Will I still get marks?
i didnt even write in the perspective of anyone, I just wrote about the positives and negatives of working as a teacher but not in a personal view i just used 'vous pouvez' and for the second paragraph i talked about what i wanted to be in the future etc.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by hp4300
I just wrote about the advantages and disadvantages of my teacher. And my future. Will I still get marks?

I’m pretty sure you had to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of you being a teacher. And if you included your work plans for the future then you’ll be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Rumit123
I’m pretty sure you had to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of you being a teacher. And if you included your work plans for the future then you’ll be fine.

Do you think I’ll get marked down too much? I’m very worried
Original post by hp4300
Do you think I’ll get marked down too much? I’m very worried

wait whaaaat, i just said i wanna be dentist etc :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by sxhxl
wait whaaaat, i just said i wanna be dentist etc :frown:

Did you talk about your teacher at all?
Original post by hp4300
Did you talk about your teacher at all?

no? it didnt ask to
Reply 8
Original post by sxhxl
no? it didnt ask to

This is for aqa higher tier - the 32 mark answer with 2 bullet points
Original post by hp4300
This is for aqa higher tier - the 32 mark answer with 2 bullet points

I know.
Reply 10
Original post by sxhxl
I know.

Sorry I was just checking you sat the same paper. It mentioned pros and cons about teachers as one of the bullet points.
Original post by hp4300
Sorry I was just checking you sat the same paper. It mentioned pros and cons about teachers as one of the bullet points.

It was pros and cons of BEING a teacher
You did not have to write it from the point of view from a teacher. In fact, it would have been more easily structured and fluently sequenced had you written it from your perspective about what you believe are the disadvantages and advantages of being a teacher as the next bullet point was your future plans for work (implying you didn't already have a job) . For example, you could have written 'The teachers salary is very low' which would have been perfectly acceptable.
Will I get Marked down If I wrote more than what I was suppose to?
Original post by TheBeast11
You did not have to write it from the point of view from a teacher. In fact, it would have been more easily structured and fluently sequenced had you written it from your perspective about what you believe are the disadvantages and advantages of being a teacher as the next bullet point was your future plans for work (implying you didn't already have a job) . For example, you could have written 'The teachers salary is very low' which would have been perfectly acceptable.

okay good, so is what i did right? I talked about the good and bad aspects of being a teacher, such as 'vous pouvez travailler dans une grande collège' etc. and then for the second paragraph I talked about what I want to work as in the future?
Original post by sxhxl
okay good, so is what i did right? I talked about the good and bad aspects of being a teacher, such as 'vous pouvez travailler dans une grande collège' etc. and then for the second paragraph I talked about what I want to work as in the future?

In terms of what you are doing, yes what you did is correct however i cannot say that 'vous pouvez' would be considered 'accurate' because that implies you are talking to an actual person (although in english saying, you can do this or you can do that sounds normal, in French they use 'on' rather that 'vous' or 'tu' to describe this), what you are trying to say is 'on peut travailler dans une grande collège' which would make more sense, but that's not to say you have lost all marks there, you definitely will not, so yes what you did was correct.

As for the second bullet point, work in the future is exactly correct!
Original post by Ahmed$93
Will I get Marked down If I wrote more than what I was suppose to?

100% NO. 90 words and 150 words are guidelines (sort of minimums) , and exceeding them is completely fine (some teachers even recommend it)
Are you sure because I wrote nearly 400 words for my 90 words one
Original post by TheBeast11
100% NO. 90 words and 150 words are guidelines (sort of minimums) , and exceeding them is completely fine (some teachers even recommend it)

My teacher told us not to go over :frown:
does saying that you want to voluntary work in another country count as future work plans? i also said i want to become a doctor as i was pretending to be a science teacher. it was so much harder writing as a teacher as there wasn’t a lot to say about future plans... kinda regret doing that now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending