The Student Room Group

Young love

Who else thinks relationships in school are pointless? I think we should focus on our studys!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Who else thinks relationships in school are pointless? I think we should focus on our studys!

Preach! Good luck telling that to all the ppl in relationships in Secondary
Reply 2
It's good for fooling around and learning about yourself/relationships so later in life you have experience, much like work experience but isn't critical so don't sweat it.
i blame the popular kids
Most of the people dont know what a relationship is and they simply go for appearence at that age. But, there are some people who fall in love at age 15 and stay together for years. If both of you like each other that much then you wont let it effect your grades
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
focus on our studys

Totally.
Reading some of the answers kinda gave me reassurance since I have never been in a relationship/have been liked😅 But I do think they are pointless, it’s probably best to focus on school at that age.
Reply 7
Disagree. Teen relationships prepare you for when you're older and find the right person.
yeah they are, they'll never last because you're young and should be sleeping around and causally dating rather than signing up to a life of monogamy at such an age
I agree it is just a dopamine rush stimulated by the other person, nothing more. Love does not exist.
No point to be honest.. i prefer to just imagine myself in relationships with men, in fact I don't even fancy teenage boys- I'm into men. Had lots of crushes, but no relationships. Best way to be!!
They prepare you for when youre older, you learn A LOT about yourself and who you are as a person
Yes o agree with half of the commenters in here, having young love let’s you know what you like in a spouse. Do you like someone who is funny and sweet or cool and quirky, you won’t know what you like in a person until you know what you don’t like
Lemon sponge you sour lemon, you just insulted 97 percent of the earth including me.... I hope you find love is more than a rush of dopamine and know what or who makes you happy, I’m not gonna yell or curse at you just because we disagree, and I don’t want you to take this comment ironically because I am completely serious, I hope you can look past physics and just...........be
Original post by Izzyspatch
Lemon sponge you sour lemon, you just insulted 97 percent of the earth including me.... I hope you find love is more than a rush of dopamine and know what or who makes you happy, I’m not gonna yell or curse at you just because we disagree, and I don’t want you to take this comment ironically because I am completely serious, I hope you can look past physics and just...........be

"Sour lemon" :lol:

I can feel very strong emotions towards people but that is not love. To me the only people you can ever truly love are your parents, provided they were caring enough during your childhood.

technically its Biology but I agree with your premise.:lol: :tongue:

Just hope nobody has to go through the one they love (and who is meant to love them back) abusing them like I did :cry2:
Currently in an almost 2 relationship with a guy which has been a close friend of mine since I was in year 3 (now in year 13). He's helped me through a lot, and it was not based just on appearance, I slowly fell for this guy and he slowly fell for me. What started as a sill primary school crush has flourished into this.. amazing relationship. We have our ups and downs, but in the end we love each other. Both of us are introverts and aren't the type that thinks sleeping around and getting off with everyone is particularly fun anyway so that's not an issue.
But hey, I get what you mean, I see a lot of 'appearance'/hook up relationships come and go. But a few of us are fine being in a committed relationship at a younger age and it's not just 'teens being teens'

Don't feel insulted shes never even had a relationship before and has no idea what she is speaking about.
school relationships are crucial to your later love life, while they dont usually last they teach you on what you like about a person and what people like about you. It gives you experience on how to talk to the other sex, and while studys are important it doesn't mean you should just throw relationships away
Original post by Jack22031994
technically its Biology but I agree with your premise.:lol: :tongue:

Just hope nobody has to go through the one they love (and who is meant to love them back) abusing them like I did :cry2:

Its never going to happen as long as I am here sweetie Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending