The Student Room Group

Driving disqualification

Hi,

Quick question I have had two court cases this month both were for no insurance one was when I got stopped back in 2016 as I forgot to renew my insurance in time (this was a year after I obtained my license which was in 2015) so I plead guilty and was endorsed 6 points, I then received an advise letter from Dvla stating my license was revoked.

10 days later my second court hearing I plead in writing I then received a letter (notice of disqualification) stating that I have been banned for 6 months due to totting up points.

On my driving record it now shows 0 points with a TT99 conviction and my IN 10 however without any points unlike when my license was revoked that month It stated 6 points and revoked.

My question is, now that I have 0 points does my revocation still stand or can I just renew my license 56 days before the end of my ban as it says on the letter without having to do both parts of my driving again.

Or is it possible for me to get revoked and banned for 6 months both at once?

Thank you in advance.
Nah you gotta do your test again. Just you'll get your license back with no points but have to declare the IN10/TT99 for as long as it's on record I can't remember how long it's for. Let's say you only got 6 points and had the license revoked then earned it back, you'd get your full license with six points on it.

You might physically still have your license, but it's not valid at all. Not even as a provisional.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nevershear
Nah you gotta do your test again. Just you'll get your license back with no points but have to declare the IN10/TT99 for as long as it's on record I can't remember how long it's for. Let's say you only got 6 points and had the license revoked then earned it back, you'd get your full license with six points on it.

You might physically still have your license, but it's not valid at all. Not even as a provisional.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

So basically my license has been revoked and on top banned for 6 months, do I need to apply for a provisional again will they send me the form for it 56 days before as they mentioned in the letter?
Original post by Aqeel01416
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

So basically my license has been revoked and on top banned for 6 months, do I need to apply for a provisional again will they send me the form for it 56 days before as they mentioned in the letter?

You'll probably need to apply for another provisional which I can can now be done online. And yes, you've lost your license for your first 6 points, then served a ban for getting another 6, after which of course you got banned so the TT99 takes you back down to, but obviously you still take the hit from the initial 6 in terms of losing the license.

But yeah take your time, insurers are going to head straight for your rectum.
Reply 4
Original post by nevershear
You'll probably need to apply for another provisional which I can can now be done online. And yes, you've lost your license for your first 6 points, then served a ban for getting another 6, after which of course you got banned so the TT99 takes you back down to, but obviously you still take the hit from the initial 6 in terms of losing the license.

But yeah take your time, insurers are going to head straight for your rectum.

Right that makes sense, it won’t let me apply for a provisional it says that the court will send me a form 56 days before my ban ends so that I can apply for my license and drive as soon as my ban ends but I guess that means I can apply for my provisional at that point? Thanks for your help.

Will lube help lower the insurance premium? 😅
Original post by Aqeel01416
Right that makes sense, it won’t let me apply for a provisional it says that the court will send me a form 56 days before my ban ends so that I can apply for my license and drive as soon as my ban ends but I guess that means I can apply for my provisional at that point? Thanks for your help.

Will lube help lower the insurance premium? 😅

Aye, you can't apply for the provisional because you're banned from driving.

And nah, nothing's going to save you, they're going in dry. I'd get a bike on your provisional and do your CBT and chill with that for a few years, driving will just be too expensive..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending