The Student Room Group

Interview at sports direct

Okay so I have an interview at the local sports direct On Wednesday and I have no idea where to go in the store for the interview

Also what questions do you get asked at the interview

And is wearing some plain black jeans and blouse/ shirt okay for the interview
dress down/casual i went wearing a shirt and trousers and shoes and got the job on the spot. also i would avoid sports direct like the plague
Reply 2
Original post by RepliedJewel
dress down/casual i went wearing a shirt and trousers and shoes and got the job on the spot. also i would avoid sports direct like the plague

I have to take it, i left high school a year ago and this is the first offer of a job I have had so far, however I will be applying to other places even if I do end up working there

And why do you say avoid it

And where in the store do they usually take the interviews ?
they usually do interviews in the staff room usually which is pretty bad really.
i was there 3 months i didnt even get a uniform, i kept getting warnings for not having one even though it wasn't my fault it was my managers. i also had holidays pre booked at the interview, it come round to the holidays they scheduled me in.
some weeks you won't have work cause its zero hour contract.
the job in its self is alright though.

the tips i give about the interview do your research i got asked do i know who owns the store? eg mike ashley, i got asked if a customer ****ged him off how would you handle the situation.

learn about general sales they have.

also you go to the main desk tell them you have an interview they will locate the correct manager. good luck
Reply 4
Focus on:
1. Stock-taking skills
2. Teamwork
3. Sorting out delivery
4. Operating the till machine
5. Learn the names of sports direct products
6. Punctuality
7. Ability to locate the item quickly
8. Replacing items quickly
9. Caring customer service
10. Good dress code to represent the ethos of the company (looking sporty)
Hopefully you will get the job.
Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending