The Student Room Group

Changing my mind after accepting offer

I accepted an unconditional in february, however after completing my A levels, i feel like ive done better than what i was predicted so i want to go into adjustment, is that possible since my firm offer was unconditional? Or should I just email the university to change my application to conditional instead so i can use adjustment or clearing because i dont want to go there anymore?
Original post by JinxBinx
I accepted an unconditional in february, however after completing my A levels, i feel like ive done better than what i was predicted so i want to go into adjustment, is that possible since my firm offer was unconditional? Or should I just email the university to change my application to conditional instead so i can use adjustment or clearing because i dont want to go there anymore?

If you dont want to go to the unconditional, then have a search and just go into clearing. Tell your unconditional that is what you want.
You can also chat with admissions of those unis now.

Adjustment wouldnt be appropriate as you are saying you no longer want to go to the unconditional in any event.

You can't go into adjustment with an unconditional offer, as you can't meet/exceed the conditions of this offer. I'd be surprised if the uni would change your offer back to a conditional one- the whole benefit to them of giving out unconditional offers is to tie you into going to them! You can always ask, but I think this is really unlikely to happen, sorry!

If you want to enter clearing, you need to call up the uni and ask them to release you from your offer. You can then apply to courses in clearing (a lot more will become available on results day, but can be a stressful process trying to get a clearing offer on results day).

Going into clearing is risky, as you may not find a better offer, but if you definitely don't want to go to your firm, then this is probably your only option.
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark
You can't go into adjustment with an unconditional offer, as you can't meet/exceed the conditions of this offer. I'd be surprised if the uni would change your offer back to a conditional one- the whole benefit to them of giving out unconditional offers is to tie you into going to them! You can always ask, but I think this is really unlikely to happen, sorry!

If you want to enter clearing, you need to call up the uni and ask them to release you from your offer. You can then apply to courses in clearing (a lot more will become available on results day, but can be a stressful process trying to get a clearing offer on results day).

Going into clearing is risky, as you may not find a better offer, but if you definitely don't want to go to your firm, then this is probably your only option.

Okay, thanks for the help!
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
If you dont want to go to the unconditional, then have a search and just go into clearing. Tell your unconditional that is what you want.
You can also chat with admissions of those unis now.

Adjustment wouldnt be appropriate as you are saying you no longer want to go to the unconditional in any event.

Thanks for the help, ill try and go into clearing
Thanks for the help, ill try and go into clearing

Point is your unconditional offer is pointless as youve decided you dont wish to go there.
You can look at clearing now to give you an idea plus some confidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending