The Student Room Group

Who is clearing available for?

If I accept an offer for my university, and make them my firm choice. Do I still have the option to go into clearing at around results day? (if I change my mind or want something different)
Original post by 000111bhqd
If I accept an offer for my university, and make them my firm choice. Do I still have the option to go into clearing at around results day? (if I change my mind or want something different)

You do have that option, yes. However, you can't enter Clearing whilst you hold an existing offer or place. So you'd have to select the "decline my place" option in UCAS Hub to drop into Clearing.

That's obviously risky, as you then might not secure the place via Clearing which you were hoping for. That would leave you without a place, and having to search for alternatives via Clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You do have that option, yes. However, you can't enter Clearing whilst you hold an existing offer or place. So you'd have to select the "decline my place" option in UCAS Hub to drop into Clearing.

That's obviously risky, as you then might not secure the place via Clearing which you were hoping for. That would leave you without a place, and having to search for alternatives via Clearing.

Thank you for your reply.

What about if you’re just simply exploring your clearing options? As in, going to university websites/ calling them about potential places for your desired course? If and after they accept your offer to go into clearing for your desired course at their university, would it be possible to then, after being accepted to the other university, to “decline my offer” for the choice I picked previously?

or is this entire situation not possible since I didn’t “decline my offer” beforehand?
Reply 3
You can research courses and email universities but you can't apply through clearing until you have declined your offers.
You can't accept another offer until you have declined.
Original post by 000111bhqd
Thank you for your reply.

What about if you’re just simply exploring your clearing options? As in, going to university websites/ calling them about potential places for your desired course? If and after they accept your offer to go into clearing for your desired course at their university, would it be possible to then, after being accepted to the other university, to “decline my offer” for the choice I picked previously?

or is this entire situation not possible since I didn’t “decline my offer” beforehand?

Universities cannot make offers to anyone not in clearing. That is what they sign up to as being part of ucas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending