The Student Room Group

Gaming pc or “regular” pc

I’ve done some research but nothing seems to be helpful. I want a laptop that can do both.. i can happily play big games & do my regular stuffs

Any ideas???
Original post by Aidenscott19
I’ve done some research but nothing seems to be helpful. I want a laptop that can do both.. i can happily play big games & do my regular stuffs

Any ideas???

You need to decide what your budget is?
What games you want to play. What qualifies as big?
Its all about the graphics card imo, size and weight imo.

Do you want a 1050, 1050ti, 1060 or 1070?

Its likely to double the price of your laptop.
(edited 5 years ago)
My budget is £300. And the games i want to play mostly are god of war, fortnite etc.
I’m a uni student.. so i’ll need a laptop for everyday works.. not that i’ll over work it but just to save my works and other uni stuffs
(edited 5 years ago)
My budget is £300. And the games i want to play mostly are god of war, fortnite etc.
I’m a uni student.. so i’ll need a laptop for everyday works.. not that i’ll over work it but just to save my works and other uni stuffs

for 300 you wont even get a low end gaming pc let alone laptop. That budget is far too low.

£300 is virtually nothing when buying a laptop, dont think it will be able to play any of the recent games.
Ideally you're going to need 500-800 for a good laptop
^ this is getting older laptops btw
A0B89661-CD42-4086-AD0C-F43FE3BA19C5.jpg.jpeg. Can this do the trick?

As above, your budget is nowhere near enough for anything resembling a gaming PC or gaming laptop. What you have also overlooked is that the God of War games are exclusive to the Playstation series of consoles. If that's all the budget you have and you those are the games you most want to play, I would probably just buy a PS4.
What is your point in respect to the OP? Did it cost £300?
Reply 8
RAM is too expensive now. 8GB is fine for most games at the moment.
I can also run the Witcher 3 on ultra settings at 60 fps with 8gb RAM.
(edited 5 years ago)

You are being completely unrealistic at that price point. Gaming laptops are just very very expensive so the bottom ones that try to call themselves a gaming laptop are c £700 and the more credible ones are c £1000 sort of budgets. You are looking at the cards I suggested and possibly if you find one then a laptop with maybe an AMD Ryzen 2400 APU, which is a combined cpu and graphics card.
The bottom nvidia card I think they push as gaming is MX150.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/the-best-cheap-gaming-laptops
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/sub-1000-gaming-laptops
Your other option is to go second hand.
Original post by 999tigger
You are being completely unrealistic at that price point. Gaming laptops are just very very expensive so the bottom ones that try to call themselves a gaming laptop are c £700 and the more credible ones are c £1000 sort of budgets. You are looking at the cards I suggested and possibly if you find one then a laptop with maybe an AMD Ryzen 2400 APU, which is a combined cpu and graphics card.
The bottom nvidia card I think they push as gaming is MX150.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/the-best-cheap-gaming-laptops
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/sub-1000-gaming-laptops
Your other option is to go second hand.

Thats helpful. I’ll stall at the moment then till my next pay and add up to my budget
Thats helpful. I’ll stall at the moment then till my next pay and add up to my budget

The problem is with laptops is its much more expensive than desktops to achieve the same level of power.
Unless you truly need to be portable it might be wrth getting a cheap second hand laptop and building a gaming rig for the longer term.

Beware of vendors trying to dump computers just by adding the gaming prefix.
Look at the graphics card it has because it will not be upgradeable and then research that it can play the games you want at the quality you need.
gamming pc ofcourse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending