The Student Room Group

Like Labour proposed economic policies, dislike everything else

What would be a suitable choice for me if there was a snap election? I last voted UKIP and Brexit.

I favour a hard left economic stance taken by McDonnel and hard Brexit secretly held by Corbyn but I dislike almost everything else. Like transgender rights, immigration, discrimination, every snowflake initiative.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nonotyoutoo
What would be a suitable choice for me if there was a snap election? I last voted UKIP and Brexit.

I favour a hard left economic stance taken by McDonnel and hard Brexit secretly held by Corbyn but I dislike almost everything else. Like transgender rights, immigration, discrimination, every snowflake initiative.

So you’re basically a fascist like me.

Ukip despite having a garbage Thatcherite element to do have a plethora of decent policies including scrapping the equalities act which id one of the main legal battles we need to fight, so it is worth voting for.

Also, as we have seen in other groups such as alternative fur Deutschland, the libertarian and nationalist elements will split with the nationalists becoming much more popular. so it’s worty voting for them if they’ve got half a chance.

If not, there are a few decentish Tories worth voting for. Additionally I’d also consider the accelerationist tactic and voting for a pro Corbyn labour MP. It depends on your constituency.

Wait... why exactly do you oppose transgender rights and (presumably) anti-discrimination laws?
Original post by SHallowvale
Wait... why exactly do you oppose transgender rights and (presumably) anti-discrimination laws?

I find transgender people quite disgusting and although for the sake of social harmony will not actively target any, but would passively avoid them and despise the fact that they are taking their problems to the NHS causing taxpayers money. I think of it as a fetish. I'm ok with whatever behind close doors, but please don't push it all into our faces or trying to convert society. So I hate it even more when governments try to change people's thinking.

With regards to discrimination, I do not believe all people are equal in all circumstances and there are situations where they should rightly be discriminated against, because they are clearly inferior. (eg, a woman who gets a job then immediately has a baby is clearly inferior choice to a woman who does not for the employer) I'm not proposing everyone should be left to starve or whatever, as I would support a cradle to grave welfare system for the nationals and the deserving.
(edited 5 years ago)
I find transgender people quite disgusting and although for the sake of social harmony will not actively target any, but would passively avoid them and despise the fact that they are taking their problems to the NHS causing taxpayers money. I think of it as a fetish. I'm ok with whatever behind close doors, but please don't push it all into our faces or trying to convert society. So I hate it even more when governments try to change people's thinking.

With regards to discrimination, I do not believe all people are equal in all circumstances and there are situations where they should rightly be discriminated against, because they are clearly inferior. I'm not proposing everyone should be left to starve or whatever, as I would support a cradle to grave welfare system for the nationals and the deserving.

Crikey...

I do not believe all people are equal in all circumstances and there are situations where they should rightly be discriminated against, because they are clearly inferior

Who would you categorise thus?
Original post by Reality Check
Crikey...

Who would you categorise thus?

I gave in the edited post above the example of a female employee who immediately goes to have a baby or is already pregnant is clearly the inferior choice for an employer than one who does not.
I gave in the edited post above the example of a female employee who immediately goes to have a baby or is already pregnant is clearly the inferior choice for an employer than one who does not.

Yes, I see you edited your post.

Wow.
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, I see you edited your post.

Wow.

your username is "reality check", and you think the example I mentioned is wrong?

The amount of money the NHS spends helping transgendered people is negligible in the grand scheme of things. Being transgendered is not a fetish either. Of all the transgendered people I know not one has ever tried to 'push it into my face' or 'convert me'.

I'm curious, have you ever met a transgendered person in real life? Or, say, someone who cross dresses, etc?

Even if you yourself may find it disgusting why should this mean they shouldn't have the right to not be discriminated against?

With regards to discrimination, I do not believe all people are equal in all circumstances and there are situations where they should rightly be discriminated against, because they are clearly inferior. (eg, a woman who gets a job then immediately has a baby is clearly inferior choice to a woman who does not for the employer) I'm not proposing everyone should be left to starve or whatever, as I would support a cradle to grave welfare system for the nationals and the deserving.

Your example is a bit odd since at the time this person is hired it is presumed that they aren't pregnant, so no discrimination could occur at that stage at least. Are you suggesting women should be fired/sacked for getting pregnant?

Question: is a man who is having a baby (not himself, obviously) an inferior choice of employee to a man who isn't?
I was watching yesterday the girl guide association had fired two team leaders for protesting at the forcible inclusion of anyone who identifies as a girl.

Atheist liberals laugh at some of the tales told in the bible but see no problem with people being able to change gender at will among other liberal miracles. Liberalism is essentially satanism.
Original post by SHallowvale
The amount of money the NHS spends helping transgendered people is negligible in the grand scheme of things. Being transgendered is not a fetish either. Of all the transgendered people I know not one has ever tried to 'push it into my face' or 'convert me'.

I'm curious, have you ever met a transgendered person in real life? Or, say, someone who cross dresses, etc?

Even if you yourself may find it disgusting why should this mean they shouldn't have the right to not be discriminated against?

Your example is a bit odd since at the time this person is hired it is presumed that they aren't pregnant, so no discrimination could occur at that stage at least. Are you suggesting women should be fired/sacked for getting pregnant?

Question: is a man who is having a baby (not himself, obviously) an inferior choice of employee to a man who isn't?

No, I have never met a transgender in flesh and blood. I have met cross dressers, at kink parties. Like I said, anything goes behind closed doors.

I don't go out hunting for people to discriminate against, I am only against agitants pushing things in our faces and makes public demands of recognition / funding. Clearly if they were assaulted on the streets for no reason, the attackers are still wrong. But if they were out there asking for it, they too are disturbing social harmony.

Yes, I am suggesting sometimes a woman should be fired and sacked for getting pregnant. They have a choice to get an abortion.

However if a woman stays in her job until birth and be able to do her job no worse than before and takes her 4 weeks paid annual leave to give birth then immediately come back to work, in that case, no she should not be fired.

A man who has a baby is not an inferior choice because they don't have to take time off work and they will not be responsible for giving birth / keeping it fed and ****.

I am not quite the skinhead you think I am, though clearly I am less snowflaky than you.
(edited 5 years ago)
No, I have never met a transgender in flesh and blood. I have met cross dressers, at kink parties. Like I said, anything goes behind closed doors.

I don't go out hunting for people to discriminate against, I am only against agitants pushing things in our faces and makes public demands of recognition / funding. Clearly if they were assaulted on the streets for no reason, the attackers are still wrong. But if they were out there asking for it, they too are disturbing social harmony.

Yes, I am suggesting sometimes a woman should be fired and sacked for getting pregnant. They have a choice to get an abortion.

However if a woman stays in her job until birth and be able to do her job no worse than before and takes her 4 weeks paid annual leave to give birth then immediately come back to work, in that case, no she should not be fired.

A man who has a baby is not an inferior choice because they don't have to take time off work and they will not be responsible for giving birth / keeping it fed and ****.

I am not quite the skinhead you think I am, though clearly I am less snowflaky than you.

You seem to have formed a very firm opinion on transgendered people without having never met anyone who is transgender. This is interesting to me since I was in your shoes about 3-4 years ago. I hadn't met someone who was trans in person, felt it were disgusting, later met people who are trans and realised that there's nothing disgusting about it and that there's not that much different between them and I.

The transgender "agitants" you are against really are few and far between. If your only exposure to transgendered people is through the internet or television then no doubt you'd form this opinion; activists are probably going to be the only ones visible in the media.

For most companies it should not be a huge problem if a woman takes maternity leave for longer than 6 weeks. Roles can be filled, work can be covered, etc. Forcing someone to sacrifice their entire career because they want to start a family is a little harsh to be honest.

I'm not sure why you think that it isn't the responsibility of fathers to keep their child fed, care for it, etc. It is their child too and even if they don't physically give birth to it it'll undoubtably have an affect on their life, both work and personal.

As for yourself I never considered you a skinhead. That's a label you put upon yourself.
Reply 12

i think you have to stick with UKIP as even the conservatives are too left for you. fyi conservatives are in favour of transgender rights, it's not a 'left wing' issue. indeed Theresa May and co are looking to make it easier to get a gender recognition certifate. immigration is also not a right wing issue, as most of the conservative cabinet including the old PM and the current PM voted to Remain. i just point this out because so many TSR users buy into the political marketing of what it means to be left or right, not realising that's it's only marketing.

btw i don't think you realise how detriminental to the economy it would be to only have 4 weeks maternity leave. firstly, the brith rate would drop significantlly since it would discourage women from ever giving birth. plus, giving birth is a huge ordeal - takes more than a month to physically recover from.it. plus you think separating a 1 month old from its mother is a good idea? you know what country has 4 weeks maturnity leave - Tunisia, North Africa. you want the UK to follow the steps of a country that issues travel warnings?
Original post by Joleee
i think you have to stick with UKIP as even the conservatives are too left for you. fyi conservatives are in favour of transgender rights, it's not a 'left wing' issue. indeed Theresa May and co are looking to make it easier to get a gender recognition certifate. immigration is also not a right wing issue, as most of the conservative cabinet including the old PM and the current PM voted to Remain. i just point this out because so many TSR users buy into the political marketing of what it means to be left or right, not realising that's it's only marketing.

btw i don't think you realise how detriminental to the economy it would be to only have 4 weeks maternity leave. firstly, the brith rate would drop significantlly since it would discourage women from ever giving birth. plus, giving birth is a huge ordeal - takes more than a month to physically recover from.it. plus you think separating a 1 month old from its mother is a good idea? you know what country has 4 weeks maturnity leave - Tunisia, North Africa. you want the UK to follow the steps of a country that issues travel warnings?

with Tories its complicated. i live in poor post industrial area that Thatcher thought only good for managed decline. Plus, my economic views are almost Marxist. If I win the Euromillions tomorrow I'll start my own party.
Reply 14
with Tories its complicated. i live in poor post industrial area that Thatcher thought only good for managed decline. Plus, my economic views are almost Marxist. If I win the Euromillions tomorrow I'll start my own party.

what do you mean that your economic views are almost Marxist? just wondering.
Original post by Joleee
what do you mean that your economic views are almost Marxist? just wondering.

I think he may mean that he supports the end of austerity, increased public spending on welfare, increasing the minimum wage, high rates of taxation upon the highest paid, nationalisation of the railways/utility companies, legal caps upon maximum executive pay, compulsory shares in businesses being gifted to the workforce.
Free education for students, higher taxes upon businesses and abolishing all schemes of tax avoidance as regards cash income/savings/inheritance.

My parents have wanted most of this since the 70s.
Reply 16
Original post by londonmyst
I think he may mean that he supports the end of austerity, increased public spending on welfare, increasing the minimum wage, high rates of taxation upon the highest paid, nationalisation of the railways/utility companies, legal caps upon maximum executive pay, compulsory shares in businesses being gifted to the workforce.
Free education for students, higher taxes upon businesses and abolishing all schemes of tax avoidance as regards cash income/savings/inheritance.

i think you must be right, which is interesting because you can't possibly be 'right wing' if you like to tax the rich. honestly, i think the biggest difference between the left and the right is the issue of taxation - it isn't transgender rights or discrimination ffs. we mostly all agree discrimination is bad.
Original post by Joleee
i think you must be right, which is interesting because you can't possibly be 'right wing' if you like to tax the rich. honestly, i think the biggest difference between the left and the right is the issue of taxation - it isn't transgender rights or discrimination ffs. we mostly all agree discrimination is bad.

I think the main three issues between the "left"- "right" wing are 1) taxation, 2) public spending, 3) role of government.
Identifying idelogical position is usually clear within mainstream politics and exacerbated to extreme levels when it comes to the fringes on the "far" left/right elements of the spectrum.

With the discrimination, its more an issue of wrongful discrimination that is unjust.
The debate tends to revolve around which scenarios constitute unjust discrimination and the extent of that injustice.
A lot of special interest groups ranging from women's liberation to religious groups or penal reform openly campaign for discrimination in the form of extra support/opts out of the law under circumstances that benefit their cause/them.
I do not believe all people are equal in all circumstances

Gosh - so when you become cancer stricken, or overweight, or riddled with diabetes - you know -those massive drains on our health service, presumably you are saying that people should actively discriminate against you and by your own admission I guess you would role over and die for the sake of the greater good no?

You don't sound like a very nice person. Certainly not very British anyway.
Original post by londonmyst

Add to all that a cap on property ownership and buy to let. Also change the land use laws to allow compulsory purchase at current use. Abolish rent and leaseholds.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending