The Student Room Group

history coursework

need some help with 'antisemitism' history coursework, not sure what question to use. thinking of doing the dates 1860-1945, please help :smile:
Original post by tinac01
need some help with 'antisemitism' history coursework, not sure what question to use. thinking of doing the dates 1860-1945, please help :smile:

Do some research and get familiar with the subject.

Post some examples of the questions you are considering.

1860-1945 is rather a wide window.

Ask an interesting question.
Reply 2
How much do you know about the topic already?
Reply 3
Original post by abs_ham
How much do you know about the topic already?

only what i did at GCSE level :frown: x
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Do some research and get familiar with the subject.

Post some examples of the questions you are considering.

1860-1945 is rather a wide window.

Ask an interesting question.

My coursework has to cover 80-100 years of a subject of my choice. I honestly have no idea what kind of question to pick, the only thing i have briefly looked at is... whether the Germans wanted to do what they did or whether they were forced by i.e. Hitler.
Reply 5
Original post by tinac01
only what i did at GCSE level :frown: x

Ok! Did you do that period, 1860-1945, for your GCSEs? Like 999tigger said, it's a big time period and a lot happens in it! My advice would be to pick the bit you feel most comfortable with, i.e WW1, WW2 etc

Are you in Year 13 now? And what are you history topics are you studying alongside your coursework?
Reply 6
Original post by abs_ham
Ok! Did you do that period, 1860-1945, for your GCSEs? Like 999tigger said, it's a big time period and a lot happens in it! My advice would be to pick the bit you feel most comfortable with, i.e WW1, WW2 etc

Are you in Year 13 now? And what are you history topics are you studying alongside your coursework?

It is compulsory to cover 80-100 years, so i can cover ww1 ad ww2 within my coursework. yes i am in year 13 now, and i am studying the 'Cold War' and 'The Tudors'.
Reply 7
Original post by tinac01
It is compulsory to cover 80-100 years, so i can cover ww1 ad ww2 within my coursework. yes i am in year 13 now, and i am studying the 'Cold War' and 'The Tudors'.

That makes sense. Have you considered writing your coursework on either the Cold War or the Tudors as well? As opposed to Antisemitism? I personally found it much easier when I was writing about the Mid-Tudor Crisis whilst studying the Tudors at A-Level! (But of course, it's up to you in the end!)

Sorry for all the questions, haha!
Reply 8
Original post by abs_ham
That makes sense. Have you considered writing your coursework on either the Cold War or the Tudors as well? As opposed to Antisemitism? I personally found it much easier when I was writing about the Mid-Tudor Crisis whilst studying the Tudors at A-Level! (But of course, it's up to you in the end!)

Sorry for all the questions, haha!

My school won’t allow us to do the same subjects or anything similar to what we’re studying in class /( so I have to do something different xx
Reply 9
Original post by tinac01
My school won’t allow us to do the same subjects or anything similar to what we’re studying in class /( so I have to do something different xx

That's so annoying!! Have they offered you any advice on what topics you could pick? Or suggested any questions to you?
Reply 10
Original post by abs_ham
That's so annoying!! Have they offered you any advice on what topics you could pick? Or suggested any questions to you?

UPDATE: i need still need help but i have decided 2 choice for my questions. as well as some more info on the coursework itself. i basically need 2 historians ( which i have) but i also need three primary sources ; such as speeches, newspaper articles etc.
My Question - during 1860-1945 to what extent were the German civilians Hitlers willing executioners?
or
- to what extent was Antisemitism deep rooted within Germany within the years 1860-1945?

any advice ?? needed ASAP!! x
Original post by tinac01
UPDATE: i need still need help but i have decided 2 choice for my questions. as well as some more info on the coursework itself. i basically need 2 historians ( which i have) but i also need three primary sources ; such as speeches, newspaper articles etc.
My Question - during 1860-1945 to what extent were the German civilians Hitlers willing executioners?
or
- to what extent was Antisemitism deep rooted within Germany within the years 1860-1945?

any advice ?? needed ASAP!! x

Finding sources just depends on doing research.

Theres masses of holocaust related web material plus you can also use the library. 50% of your essay will be research and sifting through information. getting the course textbook or using any textbook should provide you with footnotes galore.

Do the initial research first and then fine tune the question.

As for your first questions then.

1. I quite like the title although not sure it hangs together as well . It depends on the scope and way you o about the investigation. Nazism is only going to cover 15-20 years of that time so you do need to use your full date range otherwise it looks like you have just thrown the date in because you have to. If you manage it right and cover the full time period then its quite a good title, but you need to carefully present the scope of your investigation.

Mind map the essay plan and keep asking questions that a reader would want the answers to.

2. On a way I think 2 is a weaker version of 1. the emphasis is slightly different and as for the other its the quality of your investigation that will make the difference between grades. I prefer 1 over 2 as i think it has more focus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending