The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Uni Chemical Engineering

Hello newcastle uni. For the Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year MEng Honours H816 course. What sort of grades would i be looking for? if i do maths, maths and something like psychology. What enetry requirements would i be looking for? Will it be AAA?
Reply 1
Original post by TadFc47
Hello newcastle uni. For the Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year MEng Honours H816 course. What sort of grades would i be looking for? if i do maths, maths and something like psychology. What enetry requirements would i be looking for? Will it be AAA?

What does it say on their website? And why are you saying "something like psychology"... haven't you chosen your A-levels yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by TadFc47

Hi TadFc47

The entry requirements for the foundation degree are: AAA in any subjects excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A levels, we require a pass in the practical element. GCSE grade B or 6 in Mathematics and Chemistry (or Dual Award Science) required if not offered at A or AS level.

You can find more information about the entry requirements on our website here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/h816/#entryrequirements

Hope this helps :smile:

Valentina
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi TadFc47

The entry requirements for the foundation degree are: AAA in any subjects excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A levels, we require a pass in the practical element. GCSE grade B or 6 in Mathematics and Chemistry (or Dual Award Science) required if not offered at A or AS level.

You can find more information about the entry requirments on our website here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/h816/#entryrequirements

Hope this helps :smile:

Valentina

You havent specified the information for me. Please Elaborate. So foundation years are "AAA" too?
Reply 4
Original post by TadFc47
You havent specified the information for me. Please Elaborate. So foundation years are "AAA" too?

Did you follow the link provided by @Newcastle University ?

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 23.55.58.jpg

AAA is the requirement.
Reply 5
i have followed that link. But for a foundation course the entry requirements seem too high . You could get into 90% of uni's offering first year with AAA. btw im a Year 13 student
Reply 6
Original post by TadFc47
i have followed that link. But for a foundation course the entry requirements seem too high . You could get into 90% of uni's offering first year with AAA. btw im a Year 13 student

It's aimed at people with good grades but the wrong subjects. Like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I study Maths and Chemistry at a level. Psychology too. So reason why im asking and unsure
Reply 8
Original post by TadFc47
I study Maths and Chemistry at a level. Psychology too. So reason why im asking and unsure

You say in your OP you study "maths, maths and something like psychology". I even asked you to clarify that in my first reply. And I presumed you meant Maths and FM.

You don't mention Chemistry at all.

If your A-level subjects meet the requirements you don't do the foundation year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TadFc47

Yes the foundation degree requires AAA but in any subjects as it is designed for students who haven't taken Maths or Science at A Level and therefore don't meet the entry requirements for Engineering. It isn't a lower offer entry point.

If you are taking Maths, Chemistry and Psychology at A Level then you wouldn't meet the entry requirements for Engineering as this requires Maths, Chemistry and either Further Maths, Physics, IT or Biology - Psychology isn't an accepted subject: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/h813/#entryrequirements

Hope this helps,

Valentina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending