The Student Room Group

What are your age gap limits?

Just being nosey— I’d go up to 10 years older and no one younger

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im 16 and tbh im only really comfy with 15-17 (and when i turn 17 thtll go to 16-18)
Personally I don't think dating or being in a relationship when you're young is a good thing.

Having said that, with age limits - personally I dated someone 21 years my senior (I'm 23 and gay and in the gay community dating older guys is more common and acceptable than in a heteronormative world). Would I do it again? Probably not when I'm this young. This doesn't mean when I'm 30, I'd go for a guy who is 50. I think what I've learned is that anything above 10 years just wouldn't work out, nevermind 20 years.
Is it ok for 15 yo girl and 30 yo guy?
Reply 4
I wouldn't go no higher than 6 years :smile:
Reply 5
normally I would say 3 years older as I am 17, but it all depends on who you meet. if I met someone I really liked I would go up to maybe 9 years
Original post by jameelagrada
Is it ok for 15 yo girl and 30 yo guy?

No, that's illegal.
I think I'd go up to 10 years older and I wouldn't go younger I think, mainly because if they're more than a year or 2 younger I'd be risking the law. My boyfriend is 7 years older.
Original post by DrawTheLine
No, that's illegal.

The girl have intimate/romantic feelings for the guy, it was more like a love at first sight...
What will become of them?
The girl have intimate/romantic feelings for the guy, it was more like a love at first sight...
What will become of them?

Nothing should happen because the girl is a child and the guy would be a paedophile if anything does happen.
Nothing should happen because the girl is a child and the guy would be a paedophile if anything does happen.

I see... there's no happy ending for them then.
What if the guy is one of your closest friend, what would you do?
Now that i am in my later twenties i would say that 10 years either side is what i typically persue albeit i prefer women in their early to mid twenties (late twenties and i find they are pushy for commitment, thirties and i find they are a bit scarred by life).
I see... there's no happy ending for them then.
What if the guy is one of your closest friend, what would you do?

If I was 15 I wouldn't be romantically interested in a guy twice my age nor would I have a best friend that much older.

Of course there's no happy ending. It's creepy and weird and the guy needs serious help if he's interested in a child.

If you are asking these questions because you're the 15 year old girl please report this man because he is dangerous and grooming you.
Wouldn't go more than a couple of years younger, maybe up to 15 years older. Could definitely have feelings for someone a lot older, but wouldn't want to be in a relationship with them.
Reply 14
If I was 15 I wouldn't be romantically interested in a guy twice my age nor would I have a best friend that much older.

Of course there's no happy ending. It's creepy and weird and the guy needs serious help if he's interested in a child.

If you are asking these questions because you're the 15 year old girl please report this man because he is dangerous and grooming you.

Poor guy :laugh:
Let's give them a happy ending then.
I would say at most 5 years older than me. But well, I often get mistaken for being a child even though am turning 17 tomorrow haha.
Wish I could get a happy ending

are there any thai girls about..........
I've dated 4.5 years younger and 20 years older. Both of these were completely legal (all parties over 18), for the record. I was the one to end both of relationships and neither were down to age or maturity differences.

I don't consider myself to really have limits as long as it's legal. I'm not the sort of girl who dates looking for longevity, a spouse, true love, etc though. I wouldn't get involved with some below 20 though just because of the squick factor.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by cyclone777
Wish I could get a happy ending

are there any thai girls about..........

Just don't go below 15 :laugh:
I'll report you myself to the authorities...
I'm 18 so I would say 5 years older and 1 year younger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending