The Student Room Group

NSAA Online/one day course

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has taken an Online/one day course for the natural sciences admissions assessment.

If you have, it would be great to know which ones they are and if you recommend them.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by FiloThePhilo
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has taken an Online/one day course for the natural sciences admissions assessment.

If you have, it would be great to know which ones they are and if you recommend them.

Many thanks

Who is running it, and does it cost money? If so run away, very fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Who is running it, and does it cost money? If so run away, very fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its by Uniadmissions and they have quite a good reputation so thought it might be a good idea. Run by NSAA graduates
Reply 3
Its by Uniadmissions and they have quite a good reputation so thought it might be a good idea. Run by NSAA graduates

Nobody has graduated from Cambridge after doing NSAA yet It's a relatively new assessment.

Run away. Very fast.
I’m not a graduate, but I have done the NSAA.

You don’t need to do any courses like this to do well in the NSAA. It would be a waste of time and money

To prepare for the NSAA, do the past papers available to you under exam conditions to get a feel for the questions and practice the timings.

Look at the specification which tells you everything that they could expect you to know. Use this to reassure yourself that you know what you need to, and spend a little bit of time to revise anything you can’t remember

Both of these resources are easy to find on the internet, and anyone running a course has no more information than this

Stay calm and relax. A poor score in the NSAA won’t prevent you getting an interview, but I’m sure you’ll do great anyway
Reply 5
Original post by Charlie133
A poor score in the NSAA won’t prevent you getting an interview, but I’m sure you’ll do great anyway

Good point :yep: There's always plenty of offer holders with below average NSAA scores. It's just one more factor for them to consider holistically.

Edit: £195... :angry: waste of money.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hard m2/m3 questions are good practice for the physics long questions if you run out of nsaa past papers
Reply 7
The teacher in charge of higher education at my school has just booked a few of us on a preparation course for the admissions assessments (for free) so I'll let you all know how it goes
Reply 8
Update for @FiloThePhilo, @Doonesbury and @yolkie:
It's sh*t
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
Update for @FiloThePhilo, @Doonesbury and @yolkie:
It's sh*t

lol - why?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
I'm going to see if I can sneak out early because this guy just doesn't know what's on the paper or where everyone's at. Started off by giving us all an integration problem that would fit very well in STEP III, and they're doing all the different subjects at different times. Few people here do further maths anyway so there's just mass confusion. So even though physics doesn't start until 2, I still have to sit through 3 hours of irrelevant chemistry and biology. I'm going to email the teacher who booked this, tell her never to do it again. Which will be awkward, because she payed with her own money for it :s-smilie:
Reply 11
lol - why?

I didn't see your reply but I ended up answering nonetheless.
Everyone is taking a very very extended lunch break. By that I mean, I've just arrived back home when it's meant to last until 6 :tongue:

In a nutshell - extremely boring, unnecessary (going through questions that were sent to us before the day) and at times, inaccurate at times to what's actually on the NSAA. The person teaching us didn't actually go to Cambridge :s-smilie:

Everyone doing it is severely disappointed and I suspect a lot of strongly-worded emails are about to be sent.
Reply 12
Original post by Sinnoh
Which will be awkward, because she payed with her own money for it :s-smilie:

Oh dear, I hope it wasn't expensive...

Original post by Sinnoh
The person teaching us didn't actually go to Cambridge :s-smilie:

That's probably the most telling bit... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Oh dear, I hope it wasn't expensive...

That's probably the most telling bit... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it may have just been from her personal school budget. Hopefully.
Original post by Sinnoh
Well it may have just been from her personal school budget. Hopefully.

Was your course run by UniAdmissions by any chance (think they run it at Birkbeck university)
Reply 15
Was your course run by UniAdmissions by any chance (think they run it at Birkbeck university)

Yep
nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending