The Student Room Group

Rescheduling my filter interview

Will they think less of me if I change the date of my filter interview as I don't feel ready yet? They for some reason made mine first out of all the people at my P2 Presentation which of course is fine but means I have less time to prepare the stuff I didn't know was going to be in it. Will it look bad on my part?
Original post by marveldinosaur
Will they think less of me if I change the date of my filter interview as I don't feel ready yet? They for some reason made mine first out of all the people at my P2 Presentation which of course is fine but means I have less time to prepare the stuff I didn't know was going to be in it. Will it look bad on my part?

It is the easiest step of what is a long and testing process. Are you ready for the whole thing?
If you don't feel prepared then ring and move the whole day to later as you can't make it, it won't impact you. Interviewing badly due to lack of confidence will impact you.

You should know all you need to, before going that day. I wouldn't try to cram from the Pres to the Filter.
Original post by AlphaTango
If you don't feel prepared then ring and move the whole day to later as you can't make it, it won't impact you. Interviewing badly due to lack of confidence will impact you.

You should know all you need to, before going that day. I wouldn't try to cram from the Pres to the Filter.

That's what I thought, I thought if I do the interview badly then I might be pushed back 6 months before I can try again, and will look even worse on me. Thanks for your help.
Reply 4
Someone's got to be first to be interviewed! What are the aspects of tbe interview for which you feel unprepared? If I remember rightly from other posts, you're going for a commission. And how much leeway are you looking for?

You can ask for a change, but there might not be much flexibility. The AFCO has timelines to meet and will have some things set in stone during the working week like the day for AST or processing final interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest