im 15 and doing my gcses incoming may
we have to start thinking about what we want to do a level
here my plan
initially i want to become a teacher and teach at secondary level
a levels
physics
geography
socialogy
told by many that no uni take anyone who wants to do a physics degree with out a maths a level
plan to do BSC physics with a foundation year
then teacher training
get a placemetn after
many people say why not take maths a level
i like maths a lot but i only like applicational maths
i dont want to do pure maths for a level
i really love physics and i enjoy the maths in it i know it gets harder but im ready for it love the theories etc
really motivated is my plans possible
Reply 1
Pure maths is needed in being able to apply maths. Not doing maths also limits your destinations to places that actually offer foundation degrees with physics.
It's an extra £9250 if you take a foundation year compared to just taking maths A-level.
Reply 2
Original post by idcreallystop
im 15 and doing my gcses incoming may
we have to start thinking about what we want to do a level
here my plan
initially i want to become a teacher and teach at secondary level
a levels
physics
geography
socialogy
told by many that no uni take anyone who wants to do a physics degree with out a maths a level
plan to do BSC physics with a foundation year
then teacher training
get a placemetn after
many people say why not take maths a level
i like maths a lot but i only like applicational maths
i dont want to do pure maths for a level
i really love physics and i enjoy the maths in it i know it gets harder but im ready for it love the theories etc
really motivated is my plans possible

You don't really need maths to understand physics at A levels but I'm sure that many universities will require A level maths. More ever, the mechanics units in maths are basically a free pass after doing physics.
Original post by esrever
You don't really need maths to understand physics at A levels but I'm sure that many universities will require A level maths. More ever, the mechanics units in maths are basically a free pass after doing physics.

uni offer things called a foundation year when you are allowed to d the course which is physics but you do like 6 months where you learn the maths qualification for the degree then you are allowed to carry on with the ohysics ourse at uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending