The Student Room Group

Royal Mail Graduate Operations Assessment Centre

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi

Has anyone recently been invited to attend the graduate assessment center for Operation for Royal Mail in February/march 2017 or before ?

I wanted to know your views and experience of how the day went and any advise you can give ?

Many thanks
I have an AC in march 2018 in Northamton!
Reply 22
Original post by forrester30
I have an AC in march 2018 in Northamton!

Hey Forrester,

were you at the finance AC on 9th march? have you heard back from them yet?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by D__Shah
Hey Forrester,

were you at the finance AC on 9th march? have you heard back from them yet?

I was in the AC in London the 5th. Still didnt hear anything.
Reply 24
Original post by Azzor
I was in the AC in London the 5th. Still didnt hear anything.

Have you been able to find out if anyone else at your AC has heard back?
Reply 25
Original post by D__Shah

Nope, unfortunately I forgot their names =(
Reply 26
Original post by D__Shah

Got an "update" some days ago... They refunded the expenses but no news about the AC 🤔
Has anyone heard back from Royal mail? I emailed and said they would communicate before Easter but haven't heard a thing...
Hi, I have no idea but I'm guessing they will ring you either way or maybe by email if unsuccessful but not sure.. that's great, where did you do your AC?
ah nice where abouts? mine was on the 5th but for the logistics management programme.. which programme did you apply for?
Original post by Charliejet8910
Has anyone heard back from Royal mail? I emailed and said they would communicate before Easter but haven't heard a thing...

I’ve heard nothing but have had my expenses back. They did tell me it could be 4-6 weeks from the date of the last assessment centre though
same
(edited 6 years ago)
Can anyone explain what happens at the assessment centre, any tips?
Reply 33
This year is supposed to be a bit different. however should we be invited to an AC, they usually provide info about and what the day will entail.
Original post by i_i
This year is supposed to be a bit different. however should we be invited to an AC, they usually provide info about and what the day will entail.

What makes you say it'll be different?
Reply 35
I know of someone on the inside. Though he doesn’t directly work in the graduate team, so he doesn’t know much detail coz it’s early on, but knows the content has changed - using new stuff. This was from a little over three weeks ago.
Reply 36
I've just stumbled on this thread again. I've completed the grad scheme and have actually left Royal mail after. If anyone wants any info on anything, I'll try and reply.
Original post by GingerJoe
I've just stumbled on this thread again. I've completed the grad scheme and have actually left Royal mail after. If anyone wants any info on anything, I'll try and reply.

Did you learn useful skills? Was there a progression opportunity? And finally any good or/and bad points about the programme?
Reply 38
Original post by studentneedsajob
Did you learn useful skills? Was there a progression opportunity? And finally any good or/and bad points about the programme?

I learnt a few technical skills but there wasn't really any proper development in the Operations Scheme, it is different in the others. They are structured and some include further degree courses.

Of the 178 of us in my intake, 85% left within 3 years (2 years of the scheme and a further year after the programme finished) so I don't know if that tells you of the bad points or not.
Original post by GingerJoe

What did you go on to do after leaving?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending