The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hii!!

I'm an a level student & I also applied last week and got an interview at Teesside coming up ( 4th December) I'm soo nervous haha

I also applied for Bristol, Portsmouth, Essex and Leeds but got rejected from Essex and Bristol and got offered biology at Portsmouth which I don't think I'm gonna take lol.

What's your background like? are you also an a level student? xxx
Reply 2
I actually did my alevels about 6 years ago and did really bad! Because I thought partying would be more fun - so much regret!! But I’ve been a dental nurse/ clinical director since I finished and then a rep for a dental company. I got rejected from Bristol because they said the biology Alevel at B or above was mandatory.

Congrats on the interview!! Good luck! :smile:
I’m really hoping to get on the HE diploma in Cardiff but I thinks it’s going to be so popular.
I think I will have to do an access course or redo alevels this year instead :frown:
Reply 3
I applied about a month ago and literally a month later I’ve heard back from Portsmouth and Essex for interviews
Hi! I’ve applied for Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol and Cardiff. I’ve got an interview for Portsmouth on the 28th Nov. Bristol have put my application on hold? Whatever that means XD All I’ve heard back though...
Reply 5
Hey all! I applied just at the end of October to Bristol, Essex, Cardiff, Manchester and Newcastle. So far I’ve received an interview for Essex and my application to Bristol has also been placed on hold still waiting on the others. This is my 2nd year applying 🤞🏼
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by JordyJRT
Hi! I’ve applied for Portsmouth, Plymouth, Bristol and Cardiff. I’ve got an interview for Portsmouth on the 28th Nov. Bristol have put my application on hold? Whatever that means XD All I’ve heard back though...

Mines on the 28th as well! Have you applied for this corse before?
Original post by geddis
Mines on the 28th as well! Have you applied for this corse before?

Nope! I’ll be going in straight from A-Levels...
Reply 8
I've applied to Portsmouth, Plymouth, Birmingham, UCLan and Teesside.
Declined from Birmingham
Had interviews for both Portsmouth and Teesside
Reply 9
Original post by lucykilga
I've applied to Portsmouth, Plymouth, Birmingham, UCLan and Teesside.
Declined from Birmingham
Had interviews for both Portsmouth and Teesside

When did you hear back from Birmingham?
Reply 10
Original post by geddis
When did you hear back from Birmingham?

Nov 5th
Reply 11
Ahh, I don’t know how they can make the decisions so quickly when the UCAS deadline hasn’t even closed yet
Reply 12
Original post by geddis
Ahh, I don’t know how they can make the decisions so quickly when the UCAS deadline hasn’t even closed yet

It'd be because I didnt meet the A level requirements, I just put it as my 5th choice to fill the gap
Reply 13
Oh, yeah I only did four choices because Cardiff told me that because I didn’t have GCSE English language at grade B I would be unsuccessful, even with my experience and other qualifications
Reply 14
Original post by geddis
Oh, yeah I only did four choices because Cardiff told me that because I didn’t have GCSE English language at grade B I would be unsuccessful, even with my experience and other qualifications

I must've thought of a reason at the time but i cant remember why i didnt apply to cardiff,
beating myself up about it now haha
Reply 15
Original post by geddis

Hey was that for dental therapy BSc or the dental hygiene diploma?
Reply 16
Original post by Fbzz
Hey was that for dental therapy BSc or the dental hygiene diploma?

Hey 😊 that was for the dental hygiene diploma, I didn’t ask about therapy but I think it also says on there that you need a grade b
Reply 17
Original post by geddis
Hey 😊 that was for the dental hygiene diploma, I didn’t ask about therapy but I think it also says on there that you need a grade b

Oh great😂 what qualifications were you applying with if you don’t mind me asking
Reply 18
Original post by Fbzz
Oh great😂 what qualifications were you applying with if you don’t mind me asking

😂 ahh hopefully they’ll see past it! I’m doing an access course in science and have my dental nursing qualification. What about you? 😊
Reply 19
Original post by geddis
😂 ahh hopefully they’ll see past it! I’m doing an access course in science and have my dental nursing qualification. What about you? 😊

I hope so🤞🏼 Same really, done my access course in science last year and got my dental nursing diploma been nursing for 3 years, functional skills level 2 in English. Currently redoing my maths and English GCSEs 🤞🏼

Latest