The Student Room Group

Best way to get homework done?

Can someone helpppppppp? this homework was set on Wednesday, but i just haven't had time to do it, and i do not understand it! I have asked many classmates, however they have had difficultie.s too!
this is the homework, I need to do questions 13-16,As i have managed to complete questions 11 and 12!!
11) Compound A was analysed. It produced a' yellow flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of A, a gas was given off that turned limewater cloudy.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound A. b) Identify the negative ion in compound A.
c) Write the name and formula of compound A
. d) Name the gas that turns Iimewater cloudy.
12 )Compound B was analysed. It gave a green flame in a flame test. When nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a solution of B. a white precipitate was produced.
a) Identify the positive ion in compound B. b) Identify the negative ion in compound B
c) Write the name and formula of compound B.
D) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate
. e) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate.
13 )
Compound c was analysed. A green precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of c. A yeIIow precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of C.
a) Identify the positive ion‘ in compound c
B) Identify the negative ion in compound c.
c) Write the name and formula of compound C.
D) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the green precipitate.
e) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the yellow precipitate.
F) Write an ionic equation for the formatioh of the green precipitate.
g) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the yellow precipitate
14) Compound D was analysed. It gave a crimson flame in a flame test. When dilute acid was added to a sample of D, a gas was given off that turned LImewater cloudy.
A) Identify the positive ion in compound D B)Identify the negative ion in compound D.
C)Write the name and formula of compound D.

15 compound E was analysed. it gave a red-orange flame in a flame test. It produced a white precipitate when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of E. This white precipitate did not dissolve When more sodium hydroxide solution was added. A cream precipitate was produced when nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution was added to a separate solution of E.

a) identify the positive ion in compound E.
b) Identify the negative ion in compound E.
c) Write the name and formula of compound E
d) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate
e) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the cream precipitate
f) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate
g) Write an ionic equation for the formation of the cream precipitate

16)Compound F was analysed. A white precipitate was produced when sodium hydroxide solution was added to a solution of F. This white precipitate dissolved when more sodium hydroxide solution was added. When hydrochloric acid followed by barium chloride solution was added to a separate solution of F, a white precipitate was produced
a) Identify the positive ion in compound F. b) Identify the negative ion in compound F
c) Write the name and formula of compound F
d) Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
E)Write a balanced equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.
F)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when sodium hydroxide is added.
G)Write an ionic equation for the formation of the white precipitate when barium chloride is added.

thank you so much to anyone who answers !
(edited 5 years ago)
Moved to chemistry :smile:
This isn't just a do my homework for me service :tongue: You need to post the ideas you've had so far, what you've looked at etc. Rather than just expecting the answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry not sorry we won't do your homework for you!
Original post by Lemur14
Moved to chemistry :smile:
This isn't just a do my homework for me service :tongue: You need to post the ideas you've had so far, what you've looked at etc. Rather than just expecting the answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wanted help!
Original post by helpwwithskl
I just wanted help!

That's totally fine, but people are here to give help and guidance not do the work for you! (Not that I'd have any chance with chemistry unfortunately)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
That's totally fine, but people are here to give help and guidance not do the work for you! (Not that I'd have any chance with chemistry unfortunately)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never asked anyone to do it for me?!
I never asked anyone to do it for me?!

You certainly implied it by saying you haven't had time do to it and saying thanks to anyone that answers (sounds like you're saying thanks to anyone that answers the questions for you).
Original post by DrawTheLine
You certainly implied it by saying you haven't had time do to it and saying thanks to anyone that answers (sounds like you're saying thanks to anyone that answers the questions for you).

sorry if it sounded like that. I was just really stuck with the homework and wanted someone to help me with the questions :smile:
sorry if it sounded like that. I was just really stuck with the homework and wanted someone to help me with the questions :smile:

In future it's best if you tell people what ideas you already have so people can guide you from there.
Original post by DrawTheLine
In future it's best if you tell people what ideas you already have so people can guide you from there.

Ockay

Quick Reply

Latest