The Student Room Group

Tv Lag

So I’ve got the sky go app on my laptop which I use to watch football on. When I watch it on my computer everything is fine and the video is smooth. However when I plug in my hdmi cable to put it on the TV the picture is quite choppy and laggy. Why is this so? And can I fix it somehow? Usually whenever we use the hdmi cable the picture is fine so I don’t know why this isn’t working.
Press Alt + F4
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Press Alt + F4

If you have nothing productive to say then please don’t say anything
Reply 3
Put on a YouTube video and display it on your TV using a HDMI cable. If you still have choppy output the reason is probably your computer or HDMI cable
Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths
If you have nothing productive to say then please don’t say anything

Everything I say is productive, that's why I say it :biggrin:
Original post by damnit1
Put on a YouTube video and display it on your TV using a HDMI cable. If you still have choppy output the reason is probably your computer or HDMI cable

Everything seems to be working fine which is why I’m confused. The sky go app works fine on my computer but then laggy when I use the hdmi cable but everything else works fine using the hdmi cable with no lag
Reply 6
Everything seems to be working fine which is why I’m confused. The sky go app works fine on my computer but then laggy when I use the hdmi cable but everything else works fine using the hdmi cable with no lag

I am definitely not a Computer Expert but I think this is more of a software issue that cannot be fixed directly by you - but the developers of the app. If it's a smart TV I suggest you download the app on that but you probably would've if you had one
Original post by damnit1
I am definitely not a Computer Expert but I think this is more of a software issue that cannot be fixed directly by you - but the developers of the app. If it's a smart TV I suggest you download the app on that but you probably would've if you had one

Ok no worries thanks
Ok thank you
Ok thank you

known issue. With the sky go app to prevent piracy.
According to sky its because its a secondary display port. Increasing the number of screens beyong the licence amount.
E.g this wouldnt happen on a desktop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending