The Student Room Group

Once Upon A GCSE... [A GYG Blog!]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nyxnko_
Best of luck with your 2019 goals! :rave:
lol, gotta love SMART :yep:
And the image didn't work :sad: It's not that your technical skills are horrible, TSR's upload images thing is pretty bad itself so I would definitely recommend using Imgur and then putting the link for the image in between [noparse][/noparse] and that should upload the image :yes:

Thank you! and thanks for the tip!! :biggrin: i'll try use that next time when i desperately need a picture heheh
Original post by AestheticEnergy
Thank you! and thanks for the tip!! :biggrin: i'll try use that next time when i desperately need a picture heheh

Np :hugs: that tip has deffo come in handy for me so I hope it works for you too :yes:
Happy New Year!

Love your creativity and absolutely love this thread - well done and keep up the amazing work! :h:
Friday 8th February 2019
Rainy days and Mock exams (yay.)
Wow, I haven't been updating in a while- well, here I am, for another scoop on how I'm dealing with Year 11. So, its already February, eh? January went by fast! That means the GCSE's are even closer now. Thrilling. To be honest, I'm having a tough battle between revision and pure procrastination, which is why I came online to TSR to see how others are coping.
I was walking home from school today; the rain was drizzling down and my coat was drenched in cold rainwater. In my mind, i thought "Yo, I better start revising- I have my mocks coming up in like 2 weeks!", and this is when I realised that I'm not working to my potential! I need to up my game, as they say. Usually, I'd be revising half-heartedly, saying to myself, "Ah well, there are still other kids who aren't revising at all so...you doing a good job". Obviously, this is an example of a lazy mindset, and the fact that I am confessing this shows that we can all improve some way or another.
I've just been rambling now, so I'm gonna cut short right here. Just remember kids- Everything you do now will either make you smile or cry in August 2019. And don't do drugs! :smile:
~AestheticEnergy~
Best of luck with your mock exams! :rave:
Tuesday 5th March 2019
Getting mocked by my mocks
Good evening! And thanks for even clicking on this thread; it's pleasant to know that somebody is actually reading this xD
You may have guessed from the title; I'm doing my second set of GCSE mocks! I still have a few left to go and I figured that I could blog about this particular experience.
If you're in Year 11 (or recently passed Year 11), you'd understand the slight tension at the words 'mock exams'. You'll also understand the huge utterly frightening tension of words 'Real Exams'! These particular mocks are quite important at my school, as the result will determine if we should remain in the tier we work at. For instance, I do Higher tier triple science, but my teachers told us that we may be moved to foundation if our mock grades are too low. Oh dear :frown:
However, I'm trying to stay positive, despite the fact that my Physics mock exam today went horribly wrong in so many ways and could ruin the chances of me getting to do Physics in sixth form...but anyway, all we can do is hope :smile: And IMPROVE!
I've compiled a small and random list of some websites I like to use for revision and what my friends have recommended too. It's likely that you guys may have heard of a bunch of these or you're schools already provide them- either way, using these or at least trying these websites could help us all!

Spoiler

That's all I'm writing up today - I have a few more exams to study for :smile:

AestheticEnergy
Saturday 18th May 2019
One week over!
Hey guys!! Okay, so I haven't been updating my GYG blog as frequently as I wanted to; it's GCSE season!
I hope that my fellow Year 11s are still surviving after this first week :biggrin:
Today I felt like sharing how I'm feeling about exams and stuff because why not :smile:
So far, I've completed these exams:

Spoiler

Surprisingly, they all went better than expected, despite revising each one the day before the actual exam >.<
That was one week over and done with. I never have to study French again, or analyse Macbeth and A Christmas Carol - It's honestly such a relieving feeling, although I think I will miss it all.

So I guess that's all I can say at this moment , along with the good ol' motivation;
Just focus and have a positive mindset throughout this exam period. It will all be over soon (hopefully)
I CANNOT WAIT for the long summer ahead of us! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!

glad your exams went better than you expected :woo:
good luck with the rest of them!! :rave:
🎉Friday 14th June 2019🎉
We did it!
After that AQA Physics Paper 2 exam (which actually went pretty good) , I am absolutely thrilled to say that my GCSE's are over! :biggrin: However, I think I will really miss all the subjects we did: English, French, even Religious Studies...It's kinda weird to suddenly stop doing a subject after studying it for like 11 years. But hey, it has all lead up to this point, where many of us Year 11s can finally kick our feet up for the summer without worrying about the next GCSE exam. I know that my exams are over, but every school is diferent; If you're still doing your exams, then I wish you the best of luck and hope that the rest of your papers go great! :biggrin:
To celebrate the end of a stressful 3-ish years, here are some of my opinions on the exams I've done:
Easiest exam-

Spoiler

Hardest exam-

Spoiler

Longest exam-

Spoiler

Exam I felt most prepared for-

Spoiler

Exam I felt least prepared for-

Spoiler

Best exam-

Spoiler

Exam I probably failed-

Spoiler

Exam I probably got a Grade 9 in-

Spoiler

Exam that I'd happily take again-

Spoiler

So yeah, that's it. For me, GCSE Results Day is the 22nd August 2019, and maybe, just maybe, I would share what grade I got for each subject. There will be smiles, there will be tears, but at the end of the day, GCSE's aren't everything. I wish everyone the best of luck for whatever you're planning to do in the future and hope you guys have an awesome summer (I know I will :biggrin:)
~AestheticEnergy~
I can tell you want to be an architect as this is the cutest gyg I've ever seen
Original post by mpaprika
I can tell you want to be an architect as this is the cutest gyg I've ever seen

aww thanks!! ❤️
Saturday 6th July 2019
The next step?
We're already into the summer! Some people are finding jobs, some people are already on holiday and some people are just relaxing. So far, my summer's been incredibly laid back; it almost feels like I should be in school. I actually missed my Year 11 Prom yesterday, since I'm not really a party person xD
But enough about that. We're all thrilled that our GCSE's are over, but that's not all I have to share about my academic experience. What about the next step? And I'm not talking about that dance show on CBBC. I'm talking about 6th Form.
My school's 6th Form 'Induction Day' is next week (And it's actually 2 days long).
We had to choose five possible subjects to 'taste' and the subject I chose were:

Spoiler

The thing I worry about 6th Form the most is probably about how hard it will be. I've heard enough Year 12s and 13s say how there's a huge jump between GCSE's and A-Levels ; I'm just a bit anxious that I won't be able to reach the grades I want to. However, I intend to try my best and simply do what I can :biggrin:
So yeah that's really it. Maybe you could share your advice, ideas or whatever you're planning to do for 6th Form/College. Thanks for reading! :smile: :smile:
~AestheticEnergy~
Have fun at the taster days! :woo:
Honestly, I think it's a bigger jump between Year 12 and Year 13 and so long as you work hard through Year 12, it's not too bad :nah:
Good luck with results!
Wednesday 21st August 2019
Results Day Eve
So, anyone else feeling a weird sense of excitement but absolutely freaking out too? Results day is tomorrow! I was abroad for the whole summer but wow, the holidays sure went fast. I still feel like a Year 11 though lol.
Anyway, it still feels good that GCSEs are over, even though the thought of getting our results is sort of nerve-wracking.
Tomorrow, I plan to get my results as early as possible, coming from the fact that I'll be going without my family (oof).
But as I always say: whatever happens, happens.
That's it I guess. Good luck, my fellow Year 11s :smile:
Really enjoyed reading this
GCSE Results Day ~ Thu 22nd Aug 2019
A Happy Ending?
Well this is it - Probably the last update to my GYG Blog, and as short as it was, it was great to share my GCSE experience with loads of people :biggrin:
Now comes the end of Once Upon A GCSE; Do I live happily ever after? (Well, until Year 12 starts at least).
Take a look at my results!

Spoiler

Overall, I was pretty happy about my results ; I managed to get into my school's sixth form and do the subjects I wanted (Maths, Physics and Art)
Aaaand I suppose that's the end! If you're heading into Year 11 in September, then I hope your GCSE's go smoothly for you! If you're moving onto A-Levels like me, then good luck with whatever subjects you're doing!
Perhaps I'll be making another GYG for my A-Levels...who knows :P

Thanks for reading!
AestheticEnergy
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending