The Student Room Group

Should I choose physcology or global perspectives

I’m taking these subjects- business, economics, accounting and English. Our school has made it compulsory for us to take a fifth subject so I am confused between global perspectives and physcology. Since past year i’ve gained a interest in physcology. But if I want to take up physcology as my career, I need to back it up with biology and sociology but I am not good with biology. I am interested in business though so I am taking these four. Now what should I do, should I opt for physcology or global perspectives
Original post by Lightnessanddark
I’m taking these subjects- business, economics, accounting and English. Our school has made it compulsory for us to take a fifth subject so I am confused between global perspectives and physcology. Since past year i’ve gained a interest in physcology. But if I want to take up physcology as my career, I need to back it up with biology and sociology but I am not good with biology. I am interested in business though so I am taking these four. Now what should I do, should I opt for physcology or global perspectives

It's psychology* not physcology
I would advise not to take psychology if you're not very good with biology. I take GCSE psychology and even at this level there is a whole module on Neuropsychology which is very biological and even the other 'less sciency' modules often have some biological elements, for example, the memory module requires us to know the parts of the brain responsible for long-term and short-term memory. I think global perspectives would go really well with Economics and Business. However, at the end of the day if you're still unsure talk to your teachers and ask them what they think about you doing those subjects.
Good luck!

What even is global perspectives? I imagine universities won’t even consider it an A level so will be pointless to study for. I suggest psychology as it’s better recognised and sounds like you have some interest in it
Original post by IyinoluwaP
I would advise not to take psychology if you're not very good with biology. I take GCSE psychology and even at this level there is a whole module on Neuropsychology which is very biological and even the other 'less sciency' modules often have some biological elements, for example, the memory module requires us to know the parts of the brain responsible for long-term and short-term memory. I think global perspectives would go really well with Economics and Business. However, at the end of the day if you're still unsure talk to your teachers and ask them what they think about you doing those subjects.
Good luck!

What board are you doing psychology with?
Original post by thestudent33

AQA.
Original post by IyinoluwaP
AQA.

Aaah, I'm doing GCSE psychology too but with Edexcel
Original post by thestudent33

Ikm doing my GCSE with Cambridge
Ikm doing my GCSE with Cambridge

Ur doing GCSE psychology? I thought you were doing alevel or something :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending