The Student Room Group

2019 Downing Offer Holders

Hi :smile:

Thought it was a good idea to make a chat for the Downing Offer holders. I was pooled to Downing for vet med, and honestly I don’t know why I didn’t apply there in the first place, it’s beautiful and right on top of my science lectures!

If everyone just introduces themselves and says what course and whether they applied direct/got pooled we can all start to get to know each other a bit- after all, there’s only 140 undergraduates each year so we’ll probably be spending a fair bit of time together!

@GeniusOfEarl100 @x_tara_niamh_x @harryshae1301
@Lreid12
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yay, we have a thread now!! :biggrin:

I applied direct to Downing for music - I know it’s not a hugely musical college, but tbh I can live with that because it’s the college that I loved most when I visited :smile: going to apply for a choral scholarship as well!
Original post by x_tara_niamh_x
Yay, we have a thread now!! :biggrin:

I applied direct to Downing for music - I know it’s not a hugely musical college, but tbh I can live with that because it’s the college that I loved most when I visited :smile: going to apply for a choral scholarship as well!

There might not be many of us but we can be small but mighty :smile:

Where else have you applied?
Original post by stimtothesky
There might not be many of us but we can be small but mighty :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Gotta rep Team Downing haha!

I'd applied to Durham, Bristol, King's College London & Glasgow as well, but because I'm on a gap yaaah at the moment I already have my grades, so as soon as the Cam offer came through on Track today I was able to confirm it :smile: how about you?
Reply 4
Hello :smile: I applied direct to Downing for history. It still seems so surreal! I loved the college when I visited because it's fairly central but it still seems peaceful inside the grounds and the architecture is so pretty. I've also applied to Cardiff, Exeter, KCL and UCL, and Exeter is going to be my insurance.
Applied directly and got a law offer! Given that's where the Cranworth society is based , so great connections to law firms there.

Unusual to see a Downing thread, downing applicants are rare to find on tsr lol.
Hi guys!!

I applied direct to Downing for HSPS. My offer is A*AA. Downing was the first college I visited at the open day and I instantly fell in love with it. Didn’t think I would get into Cambridge at all let alone Downing which is quite over subscribed for HSPS it seems. Maybe the name is political or something :smile:

I can’t wait to meet all of you but dreading I mess up my A-Levels.

My other choices were York (got unconditional), Exeter, Warwick and Durham and Warwick will be my insurance.
Hello, Downing with Physical NatSci here :smile:
Reply 8
Hey guys Downing for Classics here :smile:
Does anyone know if Downing do any offer holder days?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by GeniusOfEarl100

I don’t think they do-the only info I’ve been sent is about vet offer days...

Original post by smhedfkuwj
Applied directly and got a law offer! Given that's where the Cranworth society is based , so great connections to law firms there.

Unusual to see a Downing thread, downing applicants are rare to find on tsr lol.

Well done! I think downing is known for law isn’t it?

We seem to be few and far between but there’s a little group forming :smile:

Original post by Lreid12
Hello :smile: I applied direct to Downing for history. It still seems so surreal! I loved the college when I visited because it's fairly central but it still seems peaceful inside the grounds and the architecture is so pretty. I've also applied to Cardiff, Exeter, KCL and UCL, and Exeter is going to be my insurance.

I know what you mean, I have to keep checking my emails to see if it was actually real!

Original post by x_tara_niamh_x
Gotta rep Team Downing haha!

I'd applied to Durham, Bristol, King's College London & Glasgow as well, but because I'm on a gap yaaah at the moment I already have my grades, so as soon as the Cam offer came through on Track today I was able to confirm it :smile: how about you?

That’s so cool- not having to worry about the grades must be so nice :smile: I applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, and Edinburgh for my other three vet choices, I’ve still got to interview at Notts and Edinburgh but if I get into all of them it’ll be Cambridge firm, Nottingham/Liverpool insurance...
Anyone apply for the Pomona Downing Scholarship? Also does anyone know when we find out who’s got it ?
Anyone apply for the Pomona Downing Scholarship? Also does anyone know when we find out who’s got it ?

Yah I applied for that too, but no idea when we hear about it!
Reply 13

If they don't you can go to an applicants day instead, just tell them you are an offer holder when you book it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hello! offer holder for Classics here.
Reply 15
Hi :smile: I applied direct to Downing for Chem eng
Wow there’s quite a few of us! Really looking forward to October, just need to get those grades :smile:
hi guys! i check this website every once in a while but have never actually made an account, but i thought now would be a good time to!

i have an offer from downing for medicine and applied directly, but the grades are so high! i really hope i can get them... it would be such a shame to fall at the last hurdle :frown:

nice to meet you all!! :smile:

oh, i wish i applied for that! i was too lazy and thought i wouldn't even get an offer so i didn't bother, lol
Original post by memequeeen
hi guys! i check this website every once in a while but have never actually made an account, but i thought now would be a good time to!

i have an offer from downing for medicine and applied directly, but the grades are so high! i really hope i can get them... it would be such a shame to fall at the last hurdle :frown:

nice to meet you all!! :smile:

That’s fantastic, congrats on your offer!! Don’t worry about grades and all that, now that you’ve got the offer I’m sure it’ll spur you on more than anything ☺️☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending