The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Simbasoul
Do you A levels include Maths and Further Maths? If it is, they effectively ignore FM and don't count it as a fourth (so a non contextual would be A*AA and a contextual with Further Maths would be AAA) In the contextual offer part of their website they just talk about 3 As being the offer so I expect it would be AAAB for contextual 4 A levels.

Ah okay thank you! I don't do further maths, my fourth is German so it will probably be AAAB then.
Do you A levels include Maths and Further Maths? If it is, they effectively ignore FM and don't count it as a fourth (so a non contextual would be A*AA and a contextual with Further Maths would be AAA) In the contextual offer part of their website they just talk about 3 As being the offer so I expect it would be AAAB for contextual 4 A levels.

Further Mathematics is not considered.
Having received a formal offer via UCAS, and currently, do 4 A Levels (Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics) by offer was reduced to AAA, as well as being contextualized for my GCSEs.
So, I know you apologised for your bad attitude and bad mouthing other candidates....but have you now further rethought your negative attitude to the "disadvantaged card" that upset you so much about Brampton Manor/Oxford Uni? When it happens to someone else it's not OK but when it happens to you it is...?!

This is why you upset so many people....so hopefully you fully understand now. Congratulations on your offer - Birmingham is now a good insurance for your UCL offer.

Hi Simbasoul!
Firstly congratulations on your son's medical offer - I'm so pleased for both of you and for your family.
However I have to report that Academic_medic's short period of contrition is at an end. Look at the "Why do really bright students get rejected from universities?" thread. He is still going on about the loss of "his" Oxford place, blaming the media, Oxford tutors, and the state school pupils. When I tried to defend the tutors and state school pupils he had a total meltdown! He accused me of being arrogant, called me a liar, "up myself" and finally sank to insulting my children, whom he has never met.
As they say in the Railway Children, "isn't he marvellous when he's angry (he he)
Beware, Birmingham med students, he may be studying with you in September!
Maybe they do the track updating based on interview rankings?
Reply 84
Original post by Khushi.S
Maybe they do the track updating based on interview rankings?

doubt it.
they are probs just going through a list based on numbers they have asigned us at the beginning of the process, like ucas number

(incase any applicant have the same name)
Original post by mnnbv
doubt it.
they are probs just going through a list based on numbers they have asigned us at the beginning of the process, like ucas number

(incase any applicant have the same name)

I suppose so, I’m hoping my number is later on and that it’s not a mistake 😂
My track still hasn’t updated 😨😨 anyone else???
Reply 87

mee.
i got my offer on the 17/01
they said up to three weeks to process until we get our ucas update
im only going to stress and email bham if i havent recieved it by the 7/02
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 88

Mee ☹️
It could be based on alphabetical order because my surname starts with A and my track updated quite quickly
Reply 90
Original post by catlover06
It could be based on alphabetical order because my surname starts with A and my track updated quite quickly

you might be right!
my surname begins with S and hasnt been updated yet
Original post by mnnbv
you might be right!
my surname begins with S and hasnt been updated yet

I’m an S too and hasn’t been updated.
Original post by nylrehs
I’m an S too and hasn’t been updated.

Yeah same
Original post by catlover06

I don't think it is alphabetical, I have a friend who's surname starts with A and hers hasn't updated yet (neither has mine and my surname starts with P)
Reply 94
Original post by JamillaPS
I don't think it is alphabetical, I have a friend who's surname starts with A and hers hasn't updated yet (neither has mine and my surname starts with P)

I honestly think it is just random then
Hey y'all. Oldie graduate applicant here. Just got an offer for the 4-year course! Over the moon :h:
Oldie number two reporting in :P
Reply 97
Original post by Jin3011
Hey y'all. Oldie graduate applicant here. Just got an offer for the 4-year course! Over the moon :h:

Congratulations!! Post Grad is crazy competative! Im so happy for you!
Original post by Pharmacology

Hey :mmm: I'm still buzzing!!
Reply 99
Original post by Pharmacology

Also, a big CONGRATULATIONS!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending