The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham medicine offer holders 2019

Scroll to see replies

I’ve now got four days off so I’m about to celebraaaaate
I’m actually getting quite scared now... my track STILL hasn’t updated!! What is taking so long? Have they made a mistake with my application?
Original post by Khushi.S
I’m actually getting quite scared now... my track STILL hasn’t updated!! What is taking so long? Have they made a mistake with my application?

I haven't had a track update either yet. Let's not stress until after the three week window has passed.
Does anyone know if we get to find out our interview % score/ranking?
Original post by ellen.pryke
I haven't had a track update either yet. Let's not stress until after the three week window has passed.

I emailed in to ask when we would expect to here if we haven’t yet... I’ll let you know what they say
I emailed in to ask when we would expect to here if we haven’t yet... I’ll let you know what they say

Thank you!

To be fair, the 3 week window they stated isn't up until tomorrow afternoon - I would probably have waited until that had passed, as they are not "technically" late yet! Don't panic yet - this is how it happened last year as well....
Original post by Simbasoul
To be fair, the 3 week window they stated isn't up until tomorrow afternoon - I would probably have waited until that had passed, as they are not "technically" late yet! Don't panic yet - this is how it happened last year as well....

Maybe it’ll come through today, who knows
Maybe it’ll come through today, who knows

I'm sure it will come through today or tomorrow! Have you had other interviews/offers or is this your only one?
Hiya, second year here!

I see you’re all getting a bit stressed about track not updating etc. Here’s my advice:

TRACK WILL UPDATE!! I promise :smile: the admissions tutors are so incredibly busy at the moment conducting more interviews, sending out and making decisions and lecturing in between! When I applied it took about a month for track to update but you already have the offer so try not to stress about it! If you’re a non contextual student your offer will be A*AA or AAAB if you’re doing 4 subjects.

Your rankings as far as I know will be sent out in an email at some point, if not you can just email to request them :smile:

Had a reply yet?
Original post by erinls2
Hiya, second year here!

I see you’re all getting a bit stressed about track not updating etc. Here’s my advice:

TRACK WILL UPDATE!! I promise :smile: the admissions tutors are so incredibly busy at the moment conducting more interviews, sending out and making decisions and lecturing in between! When I applied it took about a month for track to update but you already have the offer so try not to stress about it! If you’re a non contextual student your offer will be A*AA or AAAB if you’re doing 4 subjects.

Your rankings as far as I know will be sent out in an email at some point, if not you can just email to request them :smile:

I’m really beginning to lose hope at this point, it’s been three weeks and it still hasn’t updated. Beginning to think more and more that they’ve made a mistake
I’m really beginning to lose hope at this point, it’s been three weeks and it still hasn’t updated. Beginning to think more and more that they’ve made a mistake

It's 3 weeks tomorrow isn't it? Honestly it will be okay, they can't have made a mistake... they will have throughly checked to ensure that emails are going to the correct people. Imagine how bad it would look on them if they made a mistake, just keep waiting patiently and you'll soon see it on track.
Reply 113

it is 3 weeks tomorrow
mine also has not updated
do not worry
im going to email them if i dont hear back tomorrow
maybe you could do the same?

the chances of them making a mistake are honestly so small
Original post by mnnbv
it is 3 weeks tomorrow
mine also has not updated
do not worry
im going to email them if i dont hear back tomorrow
maybe you could do the same?

the chances of them making a mistake are honestly so small

But it can still happen. I'm worried because almost everyone has heard back and its only a very small handful who haven't, I think most were updated last week so.... if they said three weeks they meant three weeks, I don't think it takes this long to update UCAS especially since almost everyone's has updated by now. I checked online and it said that admissions is closed on a Tuesday and Thursday so there is no hope of hearing tomorrow so we should have heard back today at the latest. I don't know maybe they send the grades to the 4 subject people last or something but its very concerning that we haven't heard back yet
Reply 115
But it can still happen. I'm worried because almost everyone has heard back and its only a very small handful who haven't, I think most were updated last week so.... if they said three weeks they meant three weeks, I don't think it takes this long to update UCAS especially since almost everyone's has updated by now. I checked online and it said that admissions is closed on a Tuesday and Thursday so there is no hope of hearing tomorrow so we should have heard back today at the latest. I don't know maybe they send the grades to the 4 subject people last or something but its very concerning that we haven't heard back yet

it is not concerning we havent heard back yet.
i am sure the tutors are super busy
a second year provided some reassurance further a couple posts ago
just because they have said 3 weeks doesnt mean they may have been able to stick to it
delays crop up
nottingham has been delayed hugely for example
they said they were going to start sending offers beginning of feb at one point and now it has changed to end of feb march time

i do 3 subjects not 4 though.
Also, how do you know most people have heard back?
the majority of people dont use tsr.
you have no way of knowing that!

look, if you are still super concerned just send an email tomorrow and see what they say
Original post by mnnbv
it is not concerning we havent heard back yet.
i am sure the tutors are super busy
a second year provided some reassurance further a couple posts ago
just because they have said 3 weeks doesnt mean they may have been able to stick to it
delays crop up
nottingham has been delayed hugely for example
they said they were going to start sending offers beginning of feb at one point and now it has changed to end of feb march time

i do 3 subjects not 4 though.
Also, how do you know most people have heard back?
the majority of people dont use tsr.
you have no way of knowing that!

look, if you are still super concerned just send an email tomorrow and see what they say

I suppose so... I am just sick of the waiting, i wish everyone's track updated at the same time
@Khushi.S where else are you waiting to hear from? Did you have other interviews - or have you got other interviews lined up? Have you had other offers or are you still waiting for them - or have you been rejected from them? Focus on other things to get your mind off it and stop worrying until you have something genuine to worry about - assume you have the offer and it is just a delay on UCAS (which it is!), unless they specifically say they made an error (which they won't!)
Reply 118
I suppose so... I am just sick of the waiting, i wish everyone's track updated at the same time

i know
i totally get your stress
but pleasseee dont
you have a levels coming up!
try and focus on them x
Original post by Simbasoul
@Khushi.S where else are you waiting to hear from? Did you have other interviews - or have you got other interviews lined up? Have you had other offers or are you still waiting for them - or have you been rejected from them? Focus on other things to get your mind off it and stop worrying until you have something genuine to worry about - assume you have the offer and it is just a delay on UCAS (which it is!), unless they specifically say they made an error (which they won't!)

Done Kings interview and have Liverpool coming up on Monday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending