The Student Room Group

NATIONAL 5 Exams 2019

I’m trying to get as high as possible as my grades for my prelims were quite poor due to a lack of proper studying and I want to get as high as possible come the end of April. Thoughts?, any advise would help 👍🏻
Original post by Ryan768
I’m trying to get as high as possible as my grades for my prelims were quite poor due to a lack of proper studying and I want to get as high as possible come the end of April. Thoughts?, any advise would help 👍🏻

I've moved your thread over to Scottish Qualifications :smile:

Which subjects are you doing that you need help with?
If you haven't already, it's important that you get your prelims back and find out which topics or question types you struggled with. You can then use this to focus your revision.
How you revise is also important, as reading notes is unlikely to be effective (something where you have to actively recall the information is better). As your knowledge becomes more secure, applying this to questions and practising using past papers is really important, as by then using the marking schemes, you begin to know what the examiner wants from you to be able to award the mark.

There's also lots of exam threads too, if you're looking for more specific advice on different parts of your courses :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah, I have my prelim results however it’s quite embarrassing so I had 7 exams
Maths- F
ADMIN + IT - F
Biology - D
English - D
Chemistry - C
Drama - D
Modern Studies- D

I’m currently sitting all apart from maths for the final exam and I understand where I went wrong and how I never studied enough also I hardly touched past papers. Thing is my teachers were all shook at these results because they know it’s unexpected of me and I really really want to do well for the final exams and I really want some A’s and B’s but I feel it’s impossible now man 😕😕

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending