The Student Room Group

Can't wait to leave the EU.

I can't wait until March 29th. I can see Brexit being delayed however. I honestly think this is the biggest opportunnity for our country and it is being wasted by the neolibs in Westminster. I think the first thing after the Referendum results should have been to hold a general election. Useless tories under May, and half of the Labour party would rather have a People's vote. I'll tell you what, the PEOPLE did have a vote! And 52% of them voted to leave!

I think they should get Nigel Farage as a paid advisor, a liason between the EU and the UK, appoint him as the Brexit secretary in place of the useless one we have now. Get him to negotiate a deal.

People seem to forget that the EU needs us more than we need them.

We import most of our stuff from the EU; that may seem like we are dependent on them, but likewise they are dependent on us for trade. Germany's economy is about to collapse. If that happens, so will the EU as a whole because the EU is built on Germany and France. The EU will be crippled after Brexit, they are practically begging for us to come back! They really need the £250 million we send them each week.

Also everyone scaremongering about holidays. I'll tell you what won't be in MSM, Portugal has just opened a "fast lane" for British people wanting to live and or work in Portugal. Spain, Cyprus, Malta Greece etc are dependent on british tourism. Overall, the EU is losing a lot more if we don't have a deal and if we leave as a whole.

- AP.Ferro

Scroll to see replies

Balance_by_countries_v2.png
According to the statistics, we are more dependant on the EU then they are on us, and we get more aid from the EU than they do from us, and it allows to keep our services such as the NHS open.
And also most of the votes were biased by the media, who said that if we leave the EU, the immigration issue will be solved by itself, and everyone believed them.
Reply 3
Original post by ap.ferro
I can't wait until March 29th. I can see Brexit being delayed however. I honestly think this is the biggest opportunnity for our country and it is being wasted by the neolibs in Westminster. I think the first thing after the Referendum results should have been to hold a general election. Useless tories under May, and half of the Labour party would rather have a People's vote. I'll tell you what, the PEOPLE did have a vote! And 52% of them voted to leave!

I think they should get Nigel Farage as a paid advisor, a liason between the EU and the UK, appoint him as the Brexit secretary in place of the useless one we have now. Get him to negotiate a deal.

People seem to forget that the EU needs us more than we need them.

We import most of our stuff from the EU; that may seem like we are dependent on them, but likewise they are dependent on us for trade. Germany's economy is about to collapse. If that happens, so will the EU as a whole because the EU is built on Germany and France. The EU will be crippled after Brexit, they are practically begging for us to come back! They really need the £250 million we send them each week.

Also everyone scaremongering about holidays. I'll tell you what won't be in MSM, Portugal has just opened a "fast lane" for British people wanting to live and or work in Portugal. Spain, Cyprus, Malta Greece etc are dependent on british tourism. Overall, the EU is losing a lot more if we don't have a deal and if we leave as a whole.

- AP.Ferro

Lol, Germany’s economy is far from collapsing😂. There’s been a 6% surge in exports in the last two months. The uk has the most to lose as no agreements have been put in place to replace the source of imports if trade stagnates. The EU have just negotaited the largest trade deal on earth with Japan that the UK won’t be a part of. It’s far easier to get a deal when you’re part of the largest trading body on the planet
Reply 4
Original post by filippavlovic
And also most of the votes were biased by the media, who said that if we leave the EU, the immigration issue will be solved by itself, and everyone believed them.

Most immigrants don’t even come from the EU, they’re from outside of it which every EU member state can control individually😂
Original post by Bazyli
Most immigrants don’t even come from the EU, they’re from outside of it which every EU member state can control individually😂

To be fair, I had a friend who is from Iraq and experienced the war there, and he said when he requested asylum in the UK, they just let him, took his Iraq passport and just give him a British one.
Reply 6
Original post by Bazyli
Lol, Germany’s economy is far from collapsing😂. There’s been a 6% surge in exports in the last two months. The uk has the most to lose as no agreements have been put in place to replace the source of imports if trade stagnates. The EU have just negotaited the largest trade deal on earth with Japan that the UK won’t be a part of. It’s far easier to get a deal when you’re part of the largest trading body on the planet

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2019/02/07/it-is-time-to-worry-about-germanys-economy
Reply 7
According to the statistics, we are more dependant on the EU then they are on us, and we get more aid from the EU than they do from us, and it allows to keep our services such as the NHS open.

We had the NHS a long time before we joined what was the EEC.
Reply 8
“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
just saying.

The media is not a reliable source on Politics, as they all have their own bias views to achieve their own personal goal and influence others to follow.
Reply 10
To be fair, I had a friend who is from Iraq and experienced the war there, and he said when he requested asylum in the UK, they just let him, took his Iraq passport and just give him a British one.

Those are rules implemented by the home office though, nothing to do with the EU. In Poland for example, it’s much much harder for someone from Iraq to get polish nationality
Original post by Bazyli
Those are rules implemented by the home office though, nothing to do with the EU. In Poland for example, it’s much much harder for someone from Iraq to get polish nationality

That what I mean, I am against Brexit, everyone just looked at one "promised" benefit, A STRICT IMMIGRATION.
and then when people voted out and the pound dropped through the floor, and there goes the economy.

Besides being unreadable and simplistic, dont you think you have gotten that the wrong way round.
We do not get more aid from the EU than we give them. We are one of the few net contributors i.e pay more than we get out . I think its about £8 or £9 billion.

If you are going to use stats then use the correct ones and understand what it is you are using.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bazyli
Have you read your own article?

If you actually look at the article, it has a statistic of the GDP increasing in all the years, and then one year, just a 0.5 minus percent decrease.
"THE GERMAN ECONOMY IS DYING"
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
Besides being unreadable and simplistic, dont you think you have gotten that the wrong way round.
We do not get more aid from the EU than we give them. We are one of the few net contributors i.e pay more than we get out . I think its about £8 or £9 billion.

Germany and France are larger net contributors, actually. And Italy also pays in more. You realise you can’t replace these trade agreements overnight? Who will replace the countries these imports come from? Virtually no plans have been put in place and as a result the UK government is even stockpiling medicine ffs
Original post by Bazyli
Germany and France are larger net contributors, actually. And Italy also pays in more. You realise you can’t replace these trade agreements overnight? Who will replace the countries these imports come from? Virtually no plans have been put in place and as a result the UK government is even stockpiling medicine ffs

Please dont talk to me. In light of your other posts I have no wish to talk to you.
I never gave the ranking order of net contributers
Reply 17
Please dont talk to me. In light of your other posts I have no wish to talk to you.
I never gave the ranking order of net contributers, so you look like a real tool by telling me otherwise . Go and argue with yourself.

Don’t worry, I won’t be getting in the way of your ignorance🙂
I never gave the ranking order of net contributers, so you look like a real tool by telling me otherwise . Go and argue with yourself.

Jesus christ, is having your own opinion illegal now, he is proving his point, and you are proving yours, its called a civil agruement.
Reply 19
It is so sad how uninformed you are. Brexiters are doing the most harm to the british people and its disgracefull. You legit have no benefit from brexit and youre not only gonna be hit the worst by brexit but you will hurt other Eu-Countries aswell. Noone wins and the biggest losers are the british people. I really feel bad for people like you who are so blinded by hate and toxicity that you dont even see how your "solutions" to your countries problem dont lie in simple answers like getting out of the EU. The populist narrative of just looking for a scapegoat to rally the people under the same direction of hate is just sad and uneducated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending