The Student Room Group

Courtauld MA History of Art 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I haven't heard anything yet, anyone else?
Reply 21
Nope still nothing!
Reply 22
Original post by passion_student
Hey did any of you get called for interview? What do they ask? What to prepare?

Majamaz, what did Dr. Wenny Teo talked with you about during the interview?

It was more relaxed than I expected it to be. We discussed exhibition of my choice (Bill Viola in RA), my ongoing research related my dissertation and there was a visual analysis exercise, and general questions about why I want to study at courtauld and what are my career aspirations. Nothing that I wouldn’t expect. At the end of the interview she said that I will receive the email from admissions in the next couple weeks, but she would like to have me in the course next year.

I think that she didn’t care about my CV and personal statement. What mattered the most were my essays, transcript and recommendations.
Reply 23
Thanks so much for this, sounds really good! Congratulations, is Courtauld your first choice?
Reply 24
Original post by Kirstin_85
Thanks so much for this, sounds really good! Congratulations, is Courtauld your first choice?

Yes, I applied to Heidelberg and Leiden as well, but those were all back up plans. I knew I had a good chance to get for this course (I have a dual degree between SOAS and UCL, I worked for the gallery in China and interned for the important Asian art museum in the US and
I speak Mandarin) and I will go to courtauld in October.
Original post by Majamaz
It was more relaxed than I expected it to be. We discussed exhibition of my choice (Bill Viola in RA), my ongoing research related my dissertation and there was a visual analysis exercise, and general questions about why I want to study at courtauld and what are my career aspirations. Nothing that I wouldn’t expect. At the end of the interview she said that I will receive the email from admissions in the next couple weeks, but she would like to have me in the course next year.

I think that she didn’t care about my CV and personal statement. What mattered the most were my essays, transcript and recommendations.

Congratulation on your admission!

Can you tell us more on the visual analysis exercise?
Reply 26
Original post by passion_student
Congratulation on your admission!

Can you tell us more on the visual analysis exercise?

I had my interview on skype so she sent me a photo of an artwork and I analysed it in the context of contemporary China. It wasn’t anything that isn’t done in first year HoA classes.

My advice would be to think well about the exhibition that you’d like to talk about and about it’s advantages and drawbacks. I don’t think that you can really prepare for the visual analysis, but exhibition part is something that you can think about in advance.
Reply 27
Thanks very much! Were you allowed to pick any exhibition of your choice?
What have you caught auld of now?
Reply 29
Thanks very much! Were you allowed to pick any exhibition of your choice?

Yes, I just talked about the one that I’ve seen the most recently.
Reply 30
Hey guys, my interview today was primarily on the visual exercises today and nothing about an exhibition I had recently seen. Just wanted to let you know as I don't think there's a standard structure for the interview process but rather what the S.O leader chooses. Probably best to practise a bit of everything to be safe! Good luck every one
Reply 31
Thank you! What special option did you interview for?
Reply 32
Thank you! What special option did you interview for?

Miniature to Monumental!
Anyone heard about contemporary options aside from global china?
Reply 34
Original post by sd15_ko
Miniature to Monumental!

Did you get an offer at the end of the interview like Majamaz? Miniature to Monumental is my second choice so I have no idea what it means that I haven't been invited to interview!
Reply 35
Original post by arthistory321
Anyone heard about contemporary options aside from global china?

I haven't heard anything yet. Not sure if this thread is good for my anxiety levels!
Same!!
Reply 37
Scratch that, I just got an offer for the Victorian option which was my first choice!
Reply 38
Congratulations! Did your offer come direct from admissions?
Reply 39
Congratulations! Did your offer come direct from admissions?

Thank you! Yeah it was from admissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending