The Student Room Group

2019 Intake Graduate Programs

Hi,

For the Actuarial graduate program at PWC, has the 2019 intake ended?

If so - does anyone have any other recommendations for graduate programs I can apply to?
@PwC UK Careers please could you advise @Rational-Aaron?
@Rational-Aaron

Hi there! Joanna here from the Civil Service Fast Stream. Obviously, I'm biased (!) but have you considered trying out the Civil Service grad programmes? The Fast Stream application window opens next autumn which might not work for your timings - but pre-registration is open already on our website if you're keen? There are specific schemes in Statistics, Economics and Finance if you're interested in actuary-related things.Happy to answer questions if you have any!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Civil Service Fast Stream
@Rational-Aaron

Hi there! Joanna here from the Civil Service Fast Stream. Obviously, I'm biased (!) but have you considered trying out the Civil Service grad programmes? The Fast Stream application window opens next autumn which might not work for your timings - but pre-registration is open already on our website if you're keen? There are specific schemes in Statistics, Economics and Finance if you're interested in actuary-related things.Happy to answer questions if you have any!

Hi.

Thank you for the response.

I have applied before (about a year ago) and wasn't successful. I may try again this year.

Do you have any advice on the application process?

I'm fairly introverted / quite type - so any advice on assessment days & interviews would be appreciated.
Original post by Rational-Aaron
Hi.

Thank you for the response.

I have applied before (about a year ago) and wasn't successful. I may try again this year.

Do you have any advice on the application process?

I'm fairly introverted / quite type - so any advice on assessment days & interviews would be appreciated.

Hi there, fellow introvert here!

In terms of the application process, I think it's a good idea to make sure you understand what the Civil Service competency and behaviour frameworks are. I sketched out an example for each competency so I had something easy to call to mind during my video interview stage. I found it really helpful to set aside a big clear chunk of time out of my day for each stage of the application, and I stuck rigidly to the timing suggested.
In terms of the assessment centre, I'll be honest I had to push myself a little out of my comfort zone in the group task to make sure my voice was heard, but the exercises are designed to get a really well-rounded assessment of candidates, so finding one tricky is really normal!
Try your best to stay calm as well! Good luck!

Beth :smile:
Original post by Civil Service Fast Stream
Hi there, fellow introvert here!

In terms of the application process, I think it's a good idea to make sure you understand what the Civil Service competency and behaviour frameworks are. I sketched out an example for each competency so I had something easy to call to mind during my video interview stage. I found it really helpful to set aside a big clear chunk of time out of my day for each stage of the application, and I stuck rigidly to the timing suggested.
In terms of the assessment centre, I'll be honest I had to push myself a little out of my comfort zone in the group task to make sure my voice was heard, but the exercises are designed to get a really well-rounded assessment of candidates, so finding one tricky is really normal!
Try your best to stay calm as well! Good luck!

Beth :smile:

Thank you for the advice.

I'm not feeling confident about aspect of the application process tbh - I think due to receiving so many rejections I've started to identify myself as a failure.

However I will give it a go - and see if I can at least get to the assessment centre stage.
Original post by Rational-Aaron
Hi,

For the Actuarial graduate program at PWC, has the 2019 intake ended?

If so - does anyone have any other recommendations for graduate programs I can apply to?

As we recruit on a rolling basis across all our offices, if there are any roles still available on the website, then there are still vacancies in those offices!
If there are not any positions you are interested in, our new roles will go live on the website in September for all of our Spring 2020 and Autumn 2020 positions so I would recommend signing up for our Talent Network so you can be kept informed about the roles you are interested in. I hope this helps! - Evie, Student Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending