The Student Room Group

Diageo graduate programme - 2019 intake

There isn't a thread for Diageo's 2019 intake.

Has anyone been invited to the video interview stage? (I haven't yet)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I have been invited to an interview too. Have you done yours yet?
Cheers
Reply 2
Original post by jj2233
Hi,

I have been invited to an interview too. Have you done yours yet?
Cheers

I haven't been invited to the video interview stage. I completed the online tests around two weeks ago.
How long did it take them to get back to you about progressing to the next stage after completing the tests/receiving the feedback report?

Good luck for the interview stage!
Reply 3
Has anyone received a date for an AC?
Reply 4
It took a couple of days for them to send me an invitation for the video interview. Have you been offered an AC?
Reply 5
I haven't heard anything since completing the online assessments unfortunately. Hoping they'll get back to me soon!

Have you got an offer for the AC?
Hey,
I applied to the same program and completed the video interview 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard from them since then.
I assume it will take time because a guy in the thread from last year said that it took almost a month between when he completed the video interview and when he received the invitation to the AC. Given that invitation for the interview was sent on the 14th (for me at least), I guess we still have time.
Or maybe it would be best to email them, I don't know...
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by le_GoogleFit
Hey,
I applied to the same program and completed the video interview 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard from them since then.
I assume it will take time because a guy in the thread from last year said that it took almost a month between when he completed the video interview and when he received the invitation to the AC. Given that invitation for the interview was sent on the 14th (for me at least), I guess we still have time.
Or maybe it would be best to email them, I don't know...

I emailed them a while back but they haven't replied unfortunately. Good luck for the next stage!
Reply 8
Hey guys! I received an email invite last week to complete a HireVue video interview (there are three parts, 1. about me 2. competency questions and 3. a case study with numerical data). Firstly, did you guys manage to find the Leadership Standard on Facebook as I really can't seem to find it and don't know if I'm just being stupid?? The strange thing is, I haven't done the HireVue yet but I received an email today inviting me to do a Chemistry Assessment (sounds like a situational judgment personality questionnaire). So ye, it's all a bit confusing as usually you'd do a situational judgement before the video interview. I was just wondering if anyone had the same experience / has done all of these stages? Thanks!!
This is weird. According to their own website the process should be: 1. Fill in a form ; 2. Chemistry Assessment Questionnaires ; 3. Video Interview ; 4. Assessment Center.
I thought it was always one step after the other so it's strange that they sent you the Interview and then the Questionnaires at the same time. Maybe they are changing their process.

As for the leadership standard I don't think they are on their Facebook page anymore. Maybe you should check their values on their official website. Otherwise here's what I was able to find after a google search regarding their leadership standards.

I'm surprised you just received the invitation last week when some of us completed it since almost a month without any answer. Maybe they didn't like the candidates they had and are going for a second round lol. Or it is possible you applied to a different programme than us.

Anyway, good luck with the tests!
Reply 10
YE exactly! Honestly soooo strange!

The do recruit on a rolling basis so I suppose it's not that odd that I've only just received an invite. Or ye potentially I've applied for a different programme or am even the second batch!

I have checked their website and looked at all the values etc, it's just strange as my HireVue invite says 'More information on our Leadership Standard can be found on our Facebook page.' but it is 100% not on Facebook - I've scrolled for hours looking!!!!!!

I think I might have to ring them tomorrow to see what is going on + find out if I should do the tests or the video interview!

This is weird. According to their own website the process should be: 1. Fill in a form ; 2. Chemistry Assessment Questionnaires ; 3. Video Interview ; 4. Assessment Center.
I thought it was always one step after the other so it's strange that they sent you the Interview and then the Questionnaires at the same time. Maybe they are changing their process.

As for the leadership standard I don't think they are on their Facebook page anymore. Maybe you should check their values on their official website. Otherwise here's what I was able to find after a google search regarding their leadership standards.

I'm surprised you just received the invitation last week when some of us completed it since almost a month without any answer. Maybe they didn't like the candidates they had and are going for a second round lol. Or it is possible you applied to a different programme than us.

Anyway, good luck with the tests!
Reply 11
Hi
Do all the graduate schemes require you to do a case study with numerical data question, as I applied for a Marketing Graduate scheme and was not sure what the video interview included.
Original post by aliceex
Hey guys! I received an email invite last week to complete a HireVue video interview (there are three parts, 1. about me 2. competency questions and 3. a case study with numerical data). Firstly, did you guys manage to find the Leadership Standard on Facebook as I really can't seem to find it and don't know if I'm just being stupid?? The strange thing is, I haven't done the HireVue yet but I received an email today inviting me to do a Chemistry Assessment (sounds like a situational judgment personality questionnaire). So ye, it's all a bit confusing as usually you'd do a situational judgement before the video interview. I was just wondering if anyone had the same experience / has done all of these stages? Thanks!!
I had the case study question and I also applied for the Marketing programme so I assume you will have to do it as well.
Original post by danh222
Hi
Do all the graduate schemes require you to do a case study with numerical data question, as I applied for a Marketing Graduate scheme and was not sure what the video interview included.
Reply 13
Has anybody been able to get through to someone via phone surrounding Diageo's graduate opportunities?

If so, can you provide the number?
I don't know about any phone number but which email did you use when you contacted them a while ago?
Original post by mattc101
Has anybody been able to get through to someone via phone surrounding Diageo's graduate opportunities?

If so, can you provide the number?
Reply 15
I don't know about any phone number but which email did you use when you contacted them a while ago?

[email protected] , this was the email I used.
I emailed the HR team last week and they told me that they will be sending out assessment centre invites to all successful candidates this week, with A/C starting from the 20th march onwards! Not sure if that means that those not contacted by end of this week are not succesful, it wasn't clear - i just want to know if I've been rejected so i can move on with my life!
Reply 17
Are there any examples of these questions online or similar to the case study question they ask in the video interview
I had the case study question and I also applied for the Marketing programme so I assume you will have to do it as well.
Original post by peace12456
I emailed the HR team last week and they told me that they will be sending out assessment centre invites to all successful candidates this week, with A/C starting from the 20th march onwards! Not sure if that means that those not contacted by end of this week are not succesful, it wasn't clear - i just want to know if I've been rejected so i can move on with my life!

Sh*t, that's not reassuring!
That being said, if some just received the invitation to the video interview last week it's very confusing.
But yeah, would be nice to at least know for sure.

Original post by danh222
Are there any examples of these questions online or similar to the case study question they ask in the video interview

It's really all about how you're able to process some business data and come to a conclusion with it. I guess it might be possible to find some examples online yeah.
(edited 5 years ago)
I had the exact same thing!! Have you done either?- was going to do tomorrow but very worried that this week was the last week to do it and I've missed my chance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending