The Student Room Group

Resit Options

At the start of the academic year I asked my lecturers if I had any handin dates or exams for a week in April as I was booking a holiday. They all said no.

One of them has now decided to move an exam date to when I'm away, and I'm unable to attend. What are my options?

If I don't take the test, can I resit it?

If I can resit, will it be capped to 40%, and will it be for the entire module or just that exam.

What is the likelihood of them possibly changing the exam date again as I'm pretty sure it's just a standardized online test. They've already moved it once, why not again?

Thanks in advance
Original post by smithy98
At the start of the academic year I asked my lecturers if I had any handin dates or exams for a week in April as I was booking a holiday. They all said no.

One of them has now decided to move an exam date to when I'm away, and I'm unable to attend. What are my options?

If I don't take the test, can I resit it?

If I can resit, will it be capped to 40%, and will it be for the entire module or just that exam.

What is the likelihood of them possibly changing the exam date again as I'm pretty sure it's just a standardized online test. They've already moved it once, why not again?

Thanks in advance

Interesting and I dont know the answer.
I would say its your responsibility to be present during exams during term time.
You could try an make a complaint/ mit circumstances claim to moss the exam and resit in the summer without being capped. You would have to point out with proof about what was said and present that as evidence. I dont know if they would have sympathy or not.

Changing the exam date again would be up to the lecturer, but I doubt it. If its online then can you sit it from your holiday destination?

I can see your point, but I can see theirs and not having any sympathy, so I wouldnt know which way. That said I think the university would come down on the side of the university. Speak to a student advisor at the SU and possibly your pt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending