The Student Room Group

Can I reapply to uni next year after failing conditions this year?

I applied to university this year and received 4/5 offers however they all had the same condition. Unfortunately I have not met that condition, only achieving a C instead of a B.

The course I'm looking to do, Paramedic Science, is extremely competitive and it is also the only way to become a Paramedic in Scotland. I won't have the option to apply through clearing or to apply to an alternative course. Considering all of this, it seems that my only option is to resit the exam that I have underperformed on and reapply to the uni course next year.

My question is, will the universities hold it against me when they see that I sat this exam and only achieved a C this year and am resitting the class this year? Will they look down on me for having underperformed and reject me straight away?
Original post by ChrisD848
I applied to university this year and received 4/5 offers however they all had the same condition. Unfortunately I have not met that condition, only achieving a C instead of a B.

The course I'm looking to do, Paramedic Science, is extremely competitive and it is also the only way to become a Paramedic in Scotland. I won't have the option to apply through clearing or to apply to an alternative course. Considering all of this, it seems that my only option is to resit the exam that I have underperformed on and reapply to the uni course next year.

My question is, will the universities hold it against me when they see that I sat this exam and only achieved a C this year and am resitting the class this year? Will they look down on me for having underperformed and reject me straight away?

Some universities may have policies around resit applicants for competitive/popular courses, but many will not have specific concerns around resitting.
As above, shouldn't be an issue. A small number of universities will not accept a qualification that's been resat two or three times but once usually doesn't make a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending