The Student Room Group

Help with finding second year private accomodation

Hi,
Myself and my girlfriend are both in first year at the moment and share a studio flat. For next year we are looking into finding a 1/2 bedroom flat, probably privately rented since that seems the cheaper way to go. However I'm not too sure when you start looking for one.
I've done quite a bit of research already into the areas which look suitable but all the flats on websites I've looked at are available now or in the near future.
So am I correct in thinking we should start seriously looking for somewhere about a month in advance of moving? (our current tenancy ends mid September) Or is there another better way to go about finding somewhere?
I'm probably getting overly worried about this but I don't want it to get to September and still have no idea what we're doing.
If someone has any experience with this, it'd be great if you could share that with me.
Which city? I ask because London is different to the rest of the country.

And I would register interest with local estate agents who can give you first pick on upcoming places, making it easier to get somewhere more in advance than as depicted on right move etc.
Reply 2
Yeah we're in Sheffield so not an issue.

I'll definitely do that, most seem to have email alerts which is nice.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Which city? I ask because London is different to the rest of the country.

And I would register interest with local estate agents who can give you first pick on upcoming places, making it easier to get somewhere more in advance than as depicted on right move etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending