The Student Room Group

Physics A level for Chemistry degree

I’d like to study chem at uni so would taking physics A level (or just AS level) be beneficial in terms of understanding concepts?
I would say yes. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I wish I had a better understanding of chemistry when I was at uni lol. Physics will help for sure
Yes definitely, you'd be surprised how much overlap there is (between Chem and Physics). I'm going to study chem at uni this year and its 100% helped my uni applications
Original post by pinkbacon1437
I’d like to study chem at uni so would taking physics A level (or just AS level) be beneficial in terms of understanding concepts?
Original post by cath_slater
Yes definitely, you'd be surprised how much overlap there is (between Chem and Physics). I'm going to study chem at uni this year and its 100% helped my uni applications

Thanks, in what way did it help with the applications if you don’t mind me asking
Original post by pinkbacon1437
Thanks, in what way did it help with the applications if you don’t mind me asking

Hi only just seen this. Some unis like to give unconditionals to people who do (chem, physics, maths, not sure about bio) because those subjects are highly desired. Having a level physics on ur uni application does look really good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending