The Student Room Group

My A level journey and athlete lifestyle blog

Scroll to see replies

Some food I ate yesterday @Kraggor
It was chicken thighs coated in Jamaican seasoning which was peng af and I ate it after I did my core workout IMG_20190413_235113.jpg
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Some food I ate yesterday @Kraggor
It was chicken thighs coated in Jamaican seasoning which was peng af and I ate it after I did my core workout IMG_20190413_235113.jpg

Damn, they do look delicious to be fair:cookie: Can't wait to get back into working out next week :u:
Would you recommend creatine? Someone recommended it here and I'm prolly gonna get some in two weeks I think it's like £25 from Holland and barret

You can try creatine, for some it works and others it doesn't. Never buy supps from Holland & Barrett or any shop for that matter lol, well overpriced. You can get a kilo of creatine for like £13 from MyProtein.
Haha, going well atm, doing some flight mass spectrometry questions. :smile: I have reviewed all practicals, but I still need to practice memorizing them, probably by rewriting from memory. My favourite practical is probably the acid-base titration, and test for anions. Oof, good luck with Chemistry at uni. xD
Good luck with that 😹 Yeah hopefully I will have got all the practical notes done by the end of Easter and I'll have memorised them
Have you personally memorised all of the AS practicals? What s your favourite practical skill? Mine is making up a volumetric solution and carrying out an acid based titration Yeah I'll have a got some practical skills questions I really need to try and master them since I want to Chemistry at uni
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You can try creatine, for some it works and others it doesn't. Never buy supps from Holland & Barrett or any shop for that matter lol, well overpriced. You can get a kilo of creatine for like £13 from MyProtein.

OK thanks ill checkout my protein I don't have a bank account atm but I can use my mum or dad's would recommend powder or capsules??
Original post by Kraggor
Damn, they do look delicious to be fair:cookie: Can't wait to get back into working out next week :u:

They sure were dank and I've got some delicious food to eat today! Like I can't get over how delicious the food is 😱 Oh cool I look forward to reading about your workouts and ill be sure to update you on my workouts/ athlete lifestyle and diet 😁
Original post by MydaMina
Haha, going well atm, doing some flight mass spectrometry questions. :smile: I have reviewed all practicals, but I still need to practice memorizing them, probably by rewriting from memory. My favourite practical is probably the acid-base titration, and test for anions. Oof, good luck with Chemistry at uni. xD

Nice flight mass spec is pretty easy tbh that's good, haven't studied the test for anions yet but it sounds cool thanks I think I'm gonna love chemistry and I'll start of with a foundation year which should give me enough knowledge for the bsc degree
Yes, it is pretty easy, just simple maths knowledge if you ask me. Yes, test for anions is pretty fun and easy to learn too, hence that's my favorite one yet. Yes, a chemistry degree is highly qualified, especially if you do want to become an industrial chemist. Enrolling as a foundation year will give you a period of retraining before embarking on a degree.
Nice flight mass spec is pretty easy tbh that's good, haven't studied the test for anions yet but it sounds cool thanks I think I'm gonna love chemistry and I'll start of with a foundation year which should give me enough knowledge for the bsc degree
Powder is best but I'd say.creatine isnt necessary as long as you're eating right etc but it can be beneficial. I didn't notice any difference when I took it for 1 month but that's just me.
OK thanks ill checkout my protein I don't have a bank account atm but I can use my mum or dad's would recommend powder or capsules??

Capsules are just the powder, but in capsules lol. They typically work out a lot more expensive so just get the powder.
Original post by MydaMina
Yes, it is pretty easy, just simple maths knowledge if you ask me. Yes, test for anions is pretty fun and easy to learn too, hence that's my favorite one yet. Yes, a chemistry degree is highly qualified, especially if you do want to become an industrial chemist. Enrolling as a foundation year will give you a period of retraining before embarking on a degree.

Yeah to be an industrial chemist I nerd a bsc and masters in Chemistry yeah I'll be able to enhance my practical skills, gain a foundation chemistry knowledge and learn everything I need for the bsc as my grades probably won't meet the requirements to go straight on to a bsc and it should be pretty fun today I phonecalled uni of South Wales and they've emailed me some info about their foundation year
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Capsules are just the powder, but in capsules lol. They typically work out a lot more expensive so just get the powder.

OK ill stick to the powder and how do you consume it do you mix it with water or milk?
Original post by TheYearNiner
Powder is best but I'd say.creatine isnt necessary as long as you're eating right etc but it can be beneficial. I didn't notice any difference when I took it for 1 month but that's just me.

Perhaps your body didn't process it well. What supplements are you currently taking? I'm currently taking whey protein and protein boost already made protein drinks and I also drink protein water which I get from my local Morrisons
Honestly I used to take supplements but not anymore because even if I have 60g protein a day I'm still making gains lol. Last supplement I had was optimum nutrition whey protein back in 2018 but in my opinion I don't need it but maybe next year I'll consider whey protein again or something also it made me have watery poop idk if it was he whey protein or milk because low key I might be lactose intolerant but idc I'm still having dairy Haha
Perhaps your body didn't process it well. What supplements are you currently taking? I'm currently taking whey protein and protein boost already made protein drinks and I also drink protein water which I get from my local Morrisons
Yes, a foundation degree is the best route for your chosen career. Oh, that's great! I'm just researching round LLB Law and PPL courses, already went to Uni of Law and spoke to them about the programming.
Yeah to be an industrial chemist I nerd a bsc and masters in Chemistry yeah I'll be able to enhance my practical skills, gain a foundation chemistry knowledge and learn everything I need for the bsc as my grades probably won't meet the requirements to go straight on to a bsc and it should be pretty fun today I phonecalled uni of South Wales and they've emailed me some info about their foundation year
OK ill stick to the powder and how do you consume it do you mix it with water or milk?

You can consume it with water, up to you though.
They sure were dank and I've got some delicious food to eat today! Like I can't get over how delicious the food is 😱 Oh cool I look forward to reading about your workouts and ill be sure to update you on my workouts/ athlete lifestyle and diet 😁

Glad to hear you got some tasty food! :h: Haha food is just too good in general for me. And tbh I do sometimes now feel these cravings. Like there are times now I just want to eat because of the positive taste sensation but not to fill hunger :redface:
Started my workouts again this week and it feels good to start again. Hoping to double up my workouts next week if I feel like I can do it :smile:
Awesome please do! Always love to hear how others are doing there bits and even learn what to do or what not to do and if it would fit my way of doing things :h:
Hey guys I've just finished my 2k run and I ran I time of 7:10 it's not a pb but I'm happy with the time as its one of my fastest times I keep praying to god that I'll run a pb and I have to be patient and now I'm going to do sit ups, crunches, push ups, cycle kicks, the plank. Burpees, star jumps and wallsit

For breakfast I had a big bowl of Shreddies and semi skinned milk roughly 500 calories
For lunch I had half a chicken with rice and coleslaw at nandoes it was peng
Original post by Kraggor

Original post by Kraggor
Glad to hear you got some tasty food! :h: Haha food is just too good in general for me. And tbh I do sometimes now feel these cravings. Like there are times now I just want to eat because of the positive taste sensation but not to fill hunger :redface:
Started my workouts again this week and it feels good to start again. Hoping to double up my workouts next week if I feel like I can do it :smile:
Awesome please do! Always love to hear how others are doing there bits and even learn what to do or what not to do and if it would fit my way of doing things :h:

Yeah the food was tasty and so far today I've had some good food yeah Ik the feeling especially when you crave something that's naughty like pub grub or KFC you seem to be doing good so far with your work outs I'm sure you can do and even if you feel like you can't do it you should try same following other people's journeys keeps me motivated and as a Christian I like to help put and pray for other people so that I can give my blessings and share my energy
Original post by TheYearNiner
Honestly I used to take supplements but not anymore because even if I have 60g protein a day I'm still making gains lol. Last supplement I had was optimum nutrition whey protein back in 2018 but in my opinion I don't need it but maybe next year I'll consider whey protein again or something also it made me have watery poop idk if it was he whey protein or milk because low key I might be lactose intolerant but idc I'm still having dairy Haha

You would make gains on 60g are you skinny? I use optimum nutrition whey protein and I'm noticing hypertrophy but I'm the opposite like I would have to have like 230 G protein to make gains atm im cutting but I'm prolly gonna bulk soon like everyone on here says I should do a lean bulk although I'm still quite built for 17
I find that whey protein makes me poop a bit more than if I don't consume it but my abs show more if I poop regularly I think
I guess that's cool so long as its not causing you extreme problems like having to poop several times a day and at unpredictable moments

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending