The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Law college?

Hi, international student here holding an offer for law, but I´m clueless about accomodation. I´d like a social enough party college, but also one suitable for a quiet night in. Does such a thing exist?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of York
York
Original post by tonicgin
Hi, international student here holding an offer for law, but I´m clueless about accomodation. I´d like a social enough party college, but also one suitable for a quiet night in. Does such a thing exist?

So law is located on Hes East, so you can decide whether you want to live on the same campus or on the other campus and commute over (20 min walk or 5/10 min bus). On East there’s Goodricke, Langwith and Constantine. I’d say Langwith has the more sociable rep but in reality they’re probably all quite similar. On Hes West, there’s Derwent (which again has the most social rep but this isn’t necessarily true), James, Vanbrugh, Alcuin and Halifax. I would say that Derwent, James and Vanbrugh are very similar in terms of the social life they offer, as they all have their own bars and social areas, as well as all being very central on campus. Alcuin does have a rep for being slightly quieter but again if you want a good social life you can definitely find it, and Halifax is slightly off the main campus (5 min walk) so has a nice community social feel. Overall, if you want a good social life then you’ll find it at any college, and equally if you want a quiet night then you can do that - it will mainly be reliant on the house mates you end up with :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending