The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies 2018-2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Qwert007
Does anyone know what may come up about world issues

there is normally a question on social economic issues or what the government do to stop them
Can anyone think of any military responses to terrorism? (That have actually worked lol)
hope everyone finds the paper okay today! I certainly hope I do
can anyone help me with any hacks I can use in the exam to boost my marks
I don’t have notes on social economic issues can u send me 2 points about them
Original post by Egl173
there is normally a question on social economic issues or what the government do to stop them
Reply 85

what country are you doing
Original post by examsaretheend

Have moved this into the main Nat 5 modern studies thread for you :smile:
Reply 87
If you are worried, do all of the 10 mark source questions first as you are almost always guaranteed full marks from these.
Original post by examsaretheend
Social economic issues is a world power topic, not a world issue topic.
Original post by Egl173

Reply 89
Original post by mrobertson03
Social economic issues is a world power topic, not a world issue topic.

If you look at the past paper questions its came up I know for the USA u can talk about health wealth and education
Yes, I know it always comes up in World Powers (e.g USA , China etc), but Qwert007 was asking about the World Issues section(e.g terrorism etc.).
Original post by Egl173
If you look at the past paper questions its came up I know for the USA u can talk about health wealth and education
Reply 91
I wish everyone the best of luck including myself for 1PM today, as long as you have done some adequate studying I'm sure you will do well!
How did you all get on in the exam?
Original post by Labrador99
How did you all get on in the exam?

I found it harder than expected - answered everything tho
Reply 94
the exam wasn’t too bad. there were 1 or 2 questions i didn’t quite understand and the last source question was quite tricky
Reply 95
Did anyone else not know what to put for the crime and law 8 marker?
Reply 96
i’m also scared the examiner won’t be able to read my crazy handwriting 😂 i did it so fast
Original post by iqeas
Did anyone else not know what to put for the crime and law 8 marker?

I put that it doesn’t criminalise, makes society safe and that it punishes people
Jeez that exam was good. Apart from that horrific 6 marker on why crimes a problem. I just put how crime affects Scotland such as tourism etc. One of the mods teachers saw it and even said that it was worded horribly so he wants to see what they’re gonna do for marking scheme but I guess loads of people put indicators of crime?? Oh well
i said that an indication that crime is a problem is because of overcrowding and reoffending rates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending