The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Language modules

Does anyone know if Surrey has foreign language modules?
I want to take up a foreign language while there, I was thinking possibly German, Italian, or Danish.
I was studying Latin at my previous university and really enjoyed it, do they offer any ancient language courses?
Thanks!
Hey @crazylikeafox I'm a current student there, they do offer modules to learn languages but recently redesigned there website and for some reason the information is inside a login wall now so gonna summarize it for you.

So Surrey offer 'Global Graduate Awards' which are free extracurricular modules which appear on your transcript at the end of your degree that anyone studying there can do.

They are offered in:
Sustainability ( I know not a language but 🤷)
Arabic
British Sign Language
Chinese
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Yeah I actually wanted to learn unfortunately Norwegian but it's not offered and as for an ancient language course I could be wrong but don't believe Surrey offers it unfortunately.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
This is awesome! Thank you!
Original post by IMissTheTruckles
Hey @crazylikeafox I'm a current student there, they do offer modules to learn languages but recently redesigned there website and for some reason the information is inside a login wall now so gonna summarize it for you.

So Surrey offer 'Global Graduate Awards' which are free extracurricular modules which appear on your transcript at the end of your degree that anyone studying there can do.

They are offered in:
Sustainability ( I know not a language but 🤷)
Arabic
British Sign Language
Chinese
French
German
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish

Yeah I actually wanted to learn unfortunately Norwegian but it's not offered and as for an ancient language course I could be wrong but don't believe Surrey offers it unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending